Paneer is a staple food item and the most nutritious for most vegetarians on Keto diet. If like me you also love the chewy and creamy taste of paneer with a tinge of Indian spices, then you must try my Keto Paneer Jalfrezi. This is one easy, restaurant-style vegetable stir-fry recipe, pretty easy to prepare in less than 20 minutes.
The semi-dry recipe made with a mix of flavorful vegetables and paneer will ensure you stay on stay on the Keto wagon. It tastes so delightful that you won’t realize that you are eating it as a diet meal. Keto Paneer Jalfrezi is something that you and your entire family can whip up in a blink of an eye either as a snack or as a lunch or dinner meal. Check the recipe below.
Servings – 4
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
200 grams paneer cut lengthwise
1 medium onion sliced lengthwise
1 teaspoon ginger minced
1 teaspoon garlic minced
2 tablespoons oil or ghee
1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon water
½ red bell pepper sliced lengthwise
½ green bell pepper sliced lengthwise
½ yellow bell pepper sliced lengthwise
1 medium tomato, de-seeded sliced lengthwise
½ cup tomato puree ( 1 large tomato)
½ teaspoon garam masala
salt to taste
1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried methi leaves) optional
juice of half lime
2 tablespoon cilantro (coriander leaves)
1. Make sure you cut the vegetables and paneer length-wise and keep them aside in different bowls before you start the cooking procedure.
2. Take a pan and put that on the stove on medium heat.
3. Add oil into the pan. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to sizzle.
4. Now add sliced onions, minced ginger, and garlic into the pan and saute them for 2-3 minutes on medium flame until they turn light brown.
5. After it, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt one by one into the pan. Make sure you also add a splash of water else the spices will burn.
6. Now, saute the masala on medium heat for another minute.
7. Next add bell peppers into the pan and continue sauteing them for another 2-3 minutes until they turn soft and stewed.
8. After it, add in sliced tomatoes and tomato puree and cook them for another one minute until they are softened.
9. Next add the paneer and garam masala. Mix well to coat with all the spices and cook with the lid on for 2-3 minutes.
10. You can also sprinkle Kasuri methi if you like the flavor of it.
11. At last squeeze lime juice and sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
The restaurant Style Keto Paneer Jalfrezi recipe is ready to serve. You can have it with Keto naan bread or Keto almond roti. If you are looking for more Keto-friendly Paneer recipes, try my recipes Palak Panner, Achari Paneer, and Paneer Kebabs recipes. Let me know in the comments how the recipe turned out for you.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving