Just like the normal roti, there are several Ketogenic versions of roti. One of the most popular among the various options is the Keto almond roti. Keto roti is easy to make, delectable to have, and super healthy to add to your diet plan. The Keto almond roti can be enjoyed with any dish of your choice, and any time, around the clock. The preparation is almost identical to preparing a simple non-Keto roti. Preparing the Keto almond roti isn’t that different from making a regular roti. It is a simple recipe that demands less effort and time from you. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow:
Keto Almond Roti Recipe
- Two sheets of parchment
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- ¾ Cup Flax Meal
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Ground Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp Psyllium Husk or Powder
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form a dough. Let it stay for about 1 hour.
- Add some lukewarm water to the dough and knead it a little before starting to make the Keto almond rotis.
- Roll a ball out of the dough that is a little bigger than the size of a typical golf ball.
- Now, put it in between two sheets of parchment and roll it out. Remove the top parchment paper.
- Put a skillet on a medium heat setting and place the rolled out roti upon it with the bottom parchment paper facing on the top. Remove the parchment paper slowly.
- Toast the roti on the skillet. 2 minutes on each side will suffice.
- Apply a little ghee on both sides of the roti.
- Repeat step #03 to step #07 for every roti.
- Serve with butter, curry, or any other dish of your choice and enjoy.
Most people will find the smell of psyllium husk to be unbearable. In order to mask this smell, you can add some salt, chili powder, dry fenugreek leaves (dry and powdered), and asafoetida to the dough. If you have any tips, remarks, comments, suggestions, questions, etc. related to the Keto almond roti recipe, let us know via the dedicated comments section below. Also Read: 7 Day Indian Ket Diet Plan