Once we embark on the Ketogenic way of life, we as Indians surely miss rice on the diet. And that too in a big way!!
It is one of the food items I missed most on the Keto diet. So I was always looking for substitutes for rice. When I first tried Keto Cauliflower Rice, I was pleasantly surprised, at how it turned out to be a perfect side dish for pretty much anything. And today I got one more great substitute of Keto rice –Keto Broccoli Rice.
Try my Keto Broccoli Rice, not only because its taste and texture are pretty spot-on, but this Ketogenic version of rice soaks up the flavors of any dish better than actual rice. And it pairs so well with anything! I personally love to pair it with Keto Paneer Manchurian and Keto Andhra Style Chicken Chilli.
Keto Broccoli Rice recipe is full of flavor and gives pretty much same texture like regular rice. Plus, it is one recipe that can be made in as little as 15 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weekdays or anytime you need to bring dinner to the table quickly. And the children love it too!
It’s a Keto meal the whole family will enjoy! Let’s quickly get into the making of it.
Keto Broccoli Rice Recipe
- Food processor
- Nonstick Pan
- 550 g Broccoli Heads
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper, ground
- Start separating broccoli florets and soft stems, and cut them into small pieces using a knife. Make sure that you trim off brown edges from the stalks.
- Now, put the broccoli into your food processor and blend until it resembles the texture of rice. Consider the size of your food processor, don’t overload. You can do this in a couple of batches.
- Now take a large nonstick pan and place it over medium-high heat. Add the butter onto the pan. Once the butter has melted add in the broccoli rice.
- Season with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Sauté and stir often, for about 5-7 minutes, until the broccoli has softened and is cooked through. If you like, you can cook the rice a little crispy. It all depends on how you like it.
- Serve hot with any side dish or eat as a complete meal. Enjoy!
Share your views about the Keto Broccoli Rice in the dedicated comments section below. Also, try my Keto Broccoli soup if you left with spare Broccoli after making this recipe.