Mushrooms have been on my list of favorite veggies since childhood. I am so excited to share a new dinner appetizer recipe that uses mushroom as the main ingredient. Keto Cheese Button Mushrooms, I recently prepared it for my daughter’s birthday, and it turned out to be a hit.
It is 100% vegetarian and truly yum!! It offers a burst of cheese and ideal as a finger food.
It’s certainly a finger-licking good, quick snack for those last minute dinner parties. It also works for kids who love everything with cheese, and is so easy to make.
It hardly takes 10 minutes to prep and stuff the mushrooms. After that, you just need to bake them using an Airfryer or oven, and you’re ready to devour them. Let’s quickly get into the making process.
Keto Cheese Button Mushrooms
- air fryer
- 12-15 Cremini Mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper (I used rainbow peppers)
- ¼ cup Onion ,chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro ,chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno or green chili, finely chopped
- ½ cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese Or any assorted shredded cheese
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Paprika or Kashmiri Red Chilli
Prepare the Mushrooms
- Gently clean each mushroom using a damp cloth until it’s clean. Remove stems from each mushroom and only collect the mushrooms’ cap hollow for the recipe.
- Now, in a bowl toss the mushroom caps with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Keep aside to let it cool.
Make the filling
- Take another bowl and combine chopped peppers, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, shredded cheese, and spices in that. Mix everything until it is well mixed.
Filling the Mushrooms
- Now using a small spoon, stuff the mushroom caps carefully with the filling. Use the back of the spoon to press the pack the filling into the mushroom cap hollow. Make sure you fill each mushroom pretty full.
Cooking the Mushrooms in Oven
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F for 2-3 minutes. Before inserting mushrooms directly into the oven, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet or aluminum foil sheet. Bake them for 15 to 18 minutes. Make sure your mushrooms turn dark brown, and the cheese melts and looks slightly golden brown.
Cooking the Mushrooms in Air Fryer
- Carefully place the stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer basket. Cook at 320°F for at least 9-10 minutes.
- Let the mushrooms rest for serving on a platter. Enjoy!
Share your views about the Keto Cheese Button Mushroom in the dedicated comments section below. Also, try my Keto Mushroom Garlic Soup and Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup if you love mushrooms as much as I do.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!
One thought on “Keto Cheese Button Mushrooms”
I have been struggling with type 2 diabetes and obesity for over 5 years but I’m finally off of almost all of my medication and down 73kg thanks to keto.
I had no idea where to start and felt helpless untill one of my friends recommended me the keto diet. I was very reluctant to start as I didn’t even know what keto is and what foods I can or can’t eat.
I’m stronger, healthier, fitter and have more energy than ever in my life and just as she helped me I would like to help you.