Last updated on June 21, 2023
I’m thrilled to share with you a delicious dinner appetizer recipe that features mushrooms as the star ingredient: Keto Cheese Button Mushrooms. This vegetarian dish is not only flavorful but also incredibly satisfying, offering a burst of cheesy goodness.
These Cheese Button Mushrooms are perfect as finger food, making them an ideal choice for dinner parties or even as a quick snack. Kids who adore cheese will also love this dish, and it’s incredibly easy to prepare.
The preparation and stuffing of the mushrooms take just about 10 minutes. After that, you can bake them in an Air fryer or oven, and they’ll be ready to be devoured.
Let’s jump right into the making process.
Keto Cheese Button Mushrooms
- air fryer
- 12-15 Cremini Mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper (I used rainbow peppers)
- ¼ cup Onion ,chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro ,chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno or green chili, finely chopped
- ½ cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese Or any assorted shredded cheese
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Paprika or Kashmiri Red Chilli
Prepare the Mushrooms
- Gently clean each mushroom using a damp cloth until it’s clean. Remove stems from each mushroom and only collect the mushrooms’ cap hollow for the recipe.
- Now, in a bowl toss the mushroom caps with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Keep aside to let it cool.
Make the filling
- Take another bowl and combine chopped peppers, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, shredded cheese, and spices in that. Mix everything until it is well mixed.
Filling the Mushrooms
- Now using a small spoon, stuff the mushroom caps carefully with the filling. Use the back of the spoon to press the pack the filling into the mushroom cap hollow. Make sure you fill each mushroom pretty full.
Cooking the Mushrooms in Oven
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F for 2-3 minutes. Before inserting mushrooms directly into the oven, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet or aluminum foil sheet. Bake them for 15 to 18 minutes. Make sure your mushrooms turn dark brown, and the cheese melts and looks slightly golden brown.
Cooking the Mushrooms in Air Fryer
- Carefully place the stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer basket. Cook at 320°F for at least 9-10 minutes.
- Let the mushrooms rest for serving on a platter. Enjoy!
Share your views about the Keto Cheese Button Mushroom in the dedicated comments section below. Also, try my Keto Mushroom Garlic Soup and Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup if you love mushrooms as much as I do.