Last updated on July 3, 2023
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a versatile ingredient that never fails to impress me. It can be cooked in various ways — fried, sautéed, baked, or even eaten raw.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish, a dessert, a main course, or a breakfast option, paneer has got you covered. And today, I have a new recipe for you — Keto parallel of Paneer Kebabs. These kebabs are not only deliciously crispy and creamy, but also pair perfectly with a spicy mint chutney.
The highlight of this recipe is the crispy texture, which can be a bit challenging to achieve in Keto-friendly dishes due to the absence of regular carbohydrates. However, I have found a clever solution — flax seeds. These tiny powerhouses of nutrition not only add a delightful crunch to the kebabs, but also enhance their nutritional profile.
While I personally prefer using a grill pan for this recipe, you can certainly use a heavy-bottomed pan, an air fryer, a microwave, or even an electric tandoor. Just remember, when shallow frying the paneer pieces, do it gently and with patience to ensure they turn out perfectly golden and crispy.
The creaminess in these kebabs comes from the addition of coconut milk, which lends a rich and velvety texture to the dish. Trust me, the final result is not only delicious but also visually appealing, making it a truly satisfying meal.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 100 gm Verka Paneer
- 25 gm Flax Seed Powder
- 30 ml Dabur Homemade Coconut Milk
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Mint Chutney
Keto Paneer Kebabs Making Procedure
1. Take 100 gm of Verka Paneer and cut it into thick slices.
2. Apply mint chutney on one side of two paneer slices, and close like a sandwich.
3. Now put the coconut milk in one bowl and the flaxseed powder in another bowl.
4. Add salt, pepper and any other dry spices which you like to the flaxseed powder.
5. Take one paneer sandwich, dip it in the coconut milk.
6. Next, dab it on the flaxseed powder on all sides.
7. Add ghee to the grill pan and keep it ready on medium heat.
8. Start placing the paneer pieces on the grill pan and continue cooking on medium heat.
9. Once the pieces are done on one side, flip them and do the same for all the sides.
10. When the paneer gets crispy exterior and starts looking a rich golden color, shift it to a plate. Enjoy!