Everyday I get so many questions from friends and family about what to eat and what not to eat on Keto. They ask me about lentils, fruits, juices and sweets. Since they switched to Keto, they miss having shakes and juices, which they were used to having earlier. I admit I miss them too. Summers in India can be very hot and how many glasses of lime juice can one have! With this in mind, I have for you today the delicious combo of cucumber and spinach called Keto Green Smoothie.
It’s a treat for the eye and for the body too. It is packed with nutrition and fats. And if you think you won’t be able to have liquid spinach, let me assure you that the taste of spinach is pretty subdued in this. When I have this in the morning, its freshness charges my brain and gives me a boost for the entire day.
You could also have it as a palate cleanser. Drink it before you hit the gym or after it. And if you live in one of the hot cities of India, it’s your perfect snack for a summer day.
Cucumber & Spinach Keto Green Smoothie
1. It is very simple to make this smoothie. Just grab your mixer, add the spinach and toss them.
2. Add the coconut milk and blend some more.
3. Toss in the ice cubes.
4. Now add the stevia, coconut oil and the flax seeds powder.
5. Stop the blender let the ingredients settle down and then blend some more.
6. You have the option of adding the cucumber on top or blending it with the rest of the ingredients.
7. I personally like the bits of cucumber, and keep it chopped.
8. You will see the spinach floating, but you can’t taste it as such.
9. Pour in a tall glass and enjoy it in peace.
10. Garnish with mint leaves
Also Read: Priya’s South Indian Keto Coconut Chutney
Flax seeds powder
I have used Alsi seeds powder in this recipe. But you can skip it if you want. Flax seeds are a very rich source of fiber, manganese, Vitamin B1 and Omega 3. Just 1 teaspoon of flax seeds powder provides you with your daily nutritional requirement of Omega 3. And if you are wondering about their taste, they have a very nutty flavor which takes little getting used to. But when you add it to shakes and smoothies it gets dominated by other flavors.
Again an optional ingredient which you can skip if you want to control the fat content of the smoothie. If you ask me, don’t skip it.
Do let me know if you liked it.