Last updated on July 13, 2023
I’m thrilled to bring you another mouthwatering Indian recipe that is perfect for those following a Keto diet. After the success of my Keto Palak Paneer recipe, I received numerous requests for a Keto Saag Chicken recipe, and I couldn’t resist fulfilling those requests.
Introducing my version of Saag Chicken, a delightful Keto twist on the traditional Palak Paneer. This non-vegetarian variant combines the earthy flavors of spinach, aromatic Indian spices, and tender marinated chicken, resulting in a dish that is truly exceptional. The creamy texture and enticing color of the gravy will have you hooked from the very first bite.
What makes this recipe even better is that it is completely Keto-friendly. Every ingredient I’ve used is perfectly suited for the Keto diet, so you can indulge in this flavorful dish without any guilt or worry. It’s a treat for both yourself and your entire family.
Saag, also spelled sag or saga, is an Indian subcontinental leafy vegetable dish eaten with bread such as roti or naan, or in some regions with rice. Saag can be made from spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, basella, finely chopped broccoli or other greens, along with added spices and sometimes other ingredients such as chhena — Wikipedia.
When you want to pamper yourself and savor the rich flavors of Indian cuisine, this Keto Saag Chicken recipe is the way to go. Don’t wait any longer—let’s dive right into the recipe and create a memorable culinary experience.
Keto Saag Chicken Recipe
- 900 grams Skinless Chicken Leg (Both drumstick and thigh)
- 400 grams Spinach
- 100 grams Onions
- 100 grams Tomato
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 100 grams Full Fat Greek Yogurt, or hung curd
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 50 grams Fresh Cream (Heavy Whipping Cream)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powd
- Salt to Taste
- Prepare the chicken pieces by cutting gashes into the flesh to allow the marinade and flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Now pour chicken into a bowl and add yogurt, salt, chilly powder, tumeric, garam masala, coriander powder and cumin powder. Give all of them a good mix and leave aside for an hour to marinade.
- Take a saucepan and add in all the spinach along with some water. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minute till the spinach is fully wilted.
- Now make puree with the cooked mixture in a blender and set aside for later.
- Take a pan and heat up ghee on that. Now, saute the onions. Once they turn translucent add in ginger and garlic and cook well.
- After that add in the tomatoes and give it all a good mix and cook for at least 2 minutes.
- Now add in the chicken to the pan and cook well with the gravy till the chicken starts to get some color on it.
- Then add in the spinach puree and give blend the mix well.
- Now cook the mix for at least 10-12 minutes on sim flame with the lid on, and wait till the chicken is done and cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with heavy whipping cream or double cream and serve hot.
- Calories: 467
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
The delicious saag can be paired well with Keto cauliflower rice or Keto Naan. I also prefer having it with my Keto almond roti. I would love to know your thoughts about the recipe in the comment section.