My Keto Palak Paneer Recipe had won me a lot of fans and satiated the taste buds and tummies of a number of people who have a taste for good Indian food. I have got many requests for a Keto Saag chicken recipe, and I do not refuse requests.
Hence, I have for you today a Keto version of it. All the ingredients I used to make this recipe fit perfectly into the Keto diet so you can eat it guilt-free without worrying about a thing. Try this recipe on a day you want to give a treat to yourself and your entire family.
Keto Saag Chicken is a non-veg version of Palak Paneer, you could say. You’ll zest the earthy flavor of spinach cooked adequately with Indian spices and onions. The tender and luscious marinated chicken cooked in a gravy made of spinach and flavorsome Indian spices tastes incredible. You’ll love its creamy texture and tempting color too. So without further ado let’s jump to the recipe.
Keto Saag Chicken Recipe
- 900 grams Skinless Chicken Leg (Both drumstick and thigh)
- 400 grams Spinach
- 100 grams Onions
- 100 grams Tomato
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 100 grams Full Fat Greek Yogurt, or hung curd
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 50 grams Fresh Cream (Heavy Whipping Cream)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powd
- Salt to Taste
- Prepare the chicken pieces by cutting gashes into the flesh to allow the marinade and flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Now pour chicken into a bowl and add yogurt, salt, chilly powder, tumeric, garam masala, coriander powder and cumin powder. Give all of them a good mix and leave aside for an hour to marinade.
- Take a saucepan and add in all the spinach along with some water. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minute till the spinach is fully wilted.
- Now make puree with the cooked mixture in a blender and set aside for later.
- Take a pan and heat up ghee on that. Now, saute the onions. Once they turn translucent add in ginger and garlic and cook well.
- After that add in the tomatoes and give it all a good mix and cook for at least 2 minutes.
- Now add in the chicken to the pan and cook well with the gravy till the chicken starts to get some color on it.
- Then add in the spinach puree and give blend the mix well.
- Now cook the mix for at least 10-12 minutes on sim flame with the lid on, and wait till the chicken is done and cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with heavy whipping cream or double cream and serve hot.
- Calories: 467
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
The delicious Keto Saag Chicken can be paired well with Keto cauliflower rice or Keto Naan. I also prefer having it with my Keto almond roti. I would love to know your thoughts about the recipe in the comment section. Also, don’t forget to check out my other Keto recipes like the Keto Paneer Jalfrezi, Baingan Bharta, and Keto Chicken Vindaloo.