Indians can’t just do without rice. It is one of the most popular food staples in India that fits into most diets, but obviously not in Keto. Rice is high in carbs, hence can never get an approval for the Ketogenic Lifestyle. If like me you also miss eating rice, then must try my Golden Turmeric Cauliflower Rice recipe that is ready in a jiffy.
The recipe is a good substitute of rice, and can be relished as a side dish or a complete meal. I like to pair the rice with my Keto Tadka Dal, or Keto Fish Curry, and sometimes Mushroom Curry.
Golden Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
The Keto-friendly Cauliflower Rice is a unique accumulation of turmeric, ginger, onion powder, garlic, and other interesting Indian spices.
- Non-stick pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil or unrefined coconut oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower 1 cup is 100gms
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh parsley
- Juice of one lime
- First, you will have to prepare the cauliflower to cook. Wash cauliflower thoroughly and pat dry completely. Remove outer leaves and break the cauliflower into uniform small-sized pieces, include soft stems.
- Now take a mixer grinder and grind the cauliflower 10-15 times until it is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil in that on medium heat. Now, add cauliflower, turmeric powder, ground ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt according to your taste into the pan. Cook the mix for around 3-5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or coriander and serve hot. You can also add a few drops of lime juice according to your taste on your plate for a little sourish flavor.
- I love it best with a bowl of cold Greek Yogurt.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving Calories: 74kcl Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 3g, Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Fiber: 3g
Must try my Golden Turmeric Cauliflower Rice recipe, and feel free to share your opinion about it in the comment box below.