On the menu today is an incredible roasted Eggplant dish that we call ‘Keto Baingan Ka Bharta’. This Indian Eggplant Mash is a must-try if you love Indian food.
The Keto Baingan ka Bharta, Eggplant mash, is a famous Indian recipe. The main ingredient of this Ketogenic recipe is eggplant or baingan. It is an excellent option for vegetarians. The recipe is basically roasting the eggplant with a few other ingredients to serve as the main course.
It is recommended that you roast the Eggplant for this recipe directly on the stove on an open flame or in an oven. Roasting on the oven will add a smoky flavour to the dish, which won’t be there if roasted using the oven.
Keto Baingan Ka Bharta
The Keto Baingan ka Bharta, Eggplant mash, is a famous Indian recipe. The recipe is basically roasting the eggplant with a few other ingredients to serve as the main course.
- 50 gm Onion
- 100 gm Tomatoes
- 10 gm Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Green chilly Chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Cilantro or coriander for garnishing
- Poke holes and a few gashes in the eggplant using a knife and stuff them with garlic.
- Roast the eggplant on the gas or in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Till the outer skin gets completely charred. Now, cover it and let it cool.
- Remove the skin of the eggplant before chopping it and then mash the same.
- Put a saucepan on medium heat setting and add ghee. Fry onions in it till a little less than golden brown, and then season the mix with a little salt.
- After the onions get ready, add the chopped green chilli and the tomatoes. Lower the heat.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric to the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes mix thoroughly.
- Now, add the eggplant to the mixture and season it with salt. Keep cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes. Keep stirring on low heat.
- Garnish the cooked eggplant with coriander and a tablespoon of butter.
You can add a little water in order to let the tomatoes mix thoroughly. Don’t forget to share your comments, views, suggestions, tips, corrections, etc. with us. Do so via the dedicated comments section below. More nutrition information about Keto Baingan Ka Bharta
- Carbohydrates – 8 grams
- Fat – 17 grams
- Fiber – 5 grams
- Protein – 6 grams