Last updated on October 27, 2023
If you’re someone who can’t go without their daily dose of tea and biscuits, then this post is tailor-made for you. We all have those things in life that we simply can’t do without, and for many, a steaming cup of tea accompanied by a simple biscuit is one of those cherished rituals.
Today, I’m excited to share with you a delightful recipe for a Keto version of Chai and Biscuit that will bring you comfort and satisfaction. I’ve been enjoying these biscuits myself on a regular basis, and I can’t wait for you to give them a try.
Paired with a cup of aromatic masala chai infused with cardamom powder and coconut milk, these biscuits create a truly delightful experience.
Preparing these biscuits is a breeze, and they are perfectly suited to a ketogenic lifestyle. The recipe yields delicious biscuits that are both comforting and guilt-free. So why not treat yourself to a moment of indulgence? Make a batch of these biscuits and brew a pot of aromatic chai, allowing the familiar flavors to bring a touch of romance back into your daily routine.
When you go on Keto, you miss the crunch factor in your diet. Food is awesome, there are loads of variety, but the bite is missing. I have been on Keto for more than two years now and have tried all kinds of breads, buns and cookies. But the one I have for you today is going to be my favourite for a long time to come.
- 100 ml Coconut Milk, the quantity will vary depending on whether you like strong or mild tea
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- Stevia optional
- Any Black Tea of your choice
Chai Making Process
Boil the diluted coconut milk, add the tea leaves and boil on low heat for a minute or so. Add the cardamom powder, stevia, and boil for another 30 secs. Strain the tea and enjoy it hot with my Keto Biscuits.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 mins (@ 250 degree Celsius)|
|Serve||14 to 15 people|
Keto Biscuit Recipe
Keto Biscuit Recipe
- 50 gram Abees Peanut Butter Crunchy
- 50 gram Amul Butter solid
- 150 gram Almonds Whole
- 50 gram Amul Whipping Cream
- 50 gram Dessicated Coocunut
- 1/2 cup Stevia Cal powder As per taste preference
- 1 piece Egg Large
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Pink Salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter and soften the peanut butter in a microwave and add to the mixing bowl.
- Mix butter and Peanut Butter
- Add the cream to the bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the cream to the bowl
- The desiccated coconut needs to be added at this stage and mix the batter some more.
- Grind the almonds in a blender and add to the dough. You can add any spices you want to the batter at this stage, like cinnamon, but I decided to keep it simple.
- Add the baking powder, salt and stevia, mix well till a dough like batter is formed. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Break the egg in the dough and mix till you get a creamy and workable mixture.
- Mix and make a dough
- Roll your dough into balls and place them on your baking sheet, on the baking tray. Do not keep them very close to each other, leave a gap of an inch at least.
- Press each biscuit down with your finger or a fork, so that you get a pattern on the biscuit.
- Bake them at 250 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes, or until the sides start becoming golden. When you will take them out, they will look soft to touch, but let them cool off overnight. You will see that by the morning they will get hard. Please sprinkle stevia powder on them, while they are cooling off, for sure.
- Let the Cookies cool overnight
- Enjoy your crispy, yummy cookies with your hot cup of tea.
- Calories – 146
- Protein – 3.8 gram
- Net Carbs – 1.9 gram
- Fats – 13.9 gram
Masala chai can include herbs, spices and flowers – black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, holy basil, liquorice, nutmeg, rose petals and more. The best chai is inspired by the masala dabba (box of spices), a quintessential presence in Indian kitchens. Ginger and black pepper are good for digestion and warming. Cloves, with their antiseptic properties, are good for sore throats and cardamom can elevate your mood — Al Jazeera.
Also Try: Keto Tortillas