Last updated on August 11, 2023
On the Keto Lifestyle, we miss the breads, buns, and the pita the most. But no need to lose hope, this next recipe is a lifesaver. And you can attempt it even if you don’t have a food processor at home.
Just use a whip and be patient. These delicious and healthy Keto tortillas require a mere 15 minutes to make.
The gluten-free Keto tortillas are pliable, easy to prepare, and one of the best low-carb taco meals. Keto tortillas are excellent for adding to any low-carb diet plan.
- Keep a sharp eye on coconut flour as it burns rapidly
- The skillet must be hot for allowing the tortillas to cook rapidly and stay pliable.
Tortilla, round, thin, flat bread of Mexico made from unleavened cornmeal or, less commonly, wheat flour. Traditionally, the corn (maize) for tortillas was boiled with unslaked lime to soften the kernels and loosen the hulls. (This lime was the principal source of calcium in the Mexican diet.) The grains were ground on a stone saddle quern, or metate. Small pieces of dough were patted by hand into thin disks, a task requiring considerable dexterity. The tortilla was then baked on a comal, a griddle of earthenware or iron — Britannica Encyclopedia.
Also Try: Keto Almond Roti/Chapati Recipe
How to Make Keto Tortillas?
Just follow down the below-mentioned steps to prepare the Keto tortillas:
- Add almond flour, baking powder, coconut flour, salt, and xanthan gum to a food processor. Process until you get a thorough mixture.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the food processor and process the mixture again. Continue until it blends smoothly.
- Now add water and keep processing until the dough forms a ball (it must be sticky).
- Wrap the dough in cling film and knead it through the plastic for 1 to 2 minutes, and then let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Take a skillet or pan and place it over a medium heat setting.
- Now, partition the dough into 8 equal-sized balls.
- Roll out each of the dough balls into 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper with a rolling pin. Alternatively, you can use a tortilla press. Keep rolling until each ball gains a 5-inch diameter.
- Heat a nonstick pan or a skillet and put 1tsp Ghee for 1 tortilla.
- Transfer each flat ball to the skillet and cook over medium heat for only 3 to 6 seconds. Flip immediately and continue cooking until it gets lightly golden on each side. It should take about 30 to 40 seconds.
Also Read: Keto Lemon Butter Sauce Fish
Note: If possible, after step 4, let the dough stay in the fridge for about 2 days before continuing with the recipe
Avoid overcooking of tortillas. In case, the tortillas get cold while wrapped in the kitchen cloth, rewarm by heating briefly on both sides.
Share your valuable comments, tips, suggestions, remarks, comments, etc. via the dedicated comments section below.