Last updated on July 1, 2023
Continuing my quest for discovering new low-carb sauces, I’m thrilled to share with you a moderately spicy yet incredibly tangy Keto BBQ sauce. This sauce is unlike any Indian chutney or pickle you’ve tried before, and I must say, the end result surprised me in the best possible way.
In India, we rarely consider using cocoa in a sauce, as we typically associate it with cakes and pies. However, this sauce breaks those preconceived notions.
If you’re looking to tantalize your taste buds and venture into uncharted flavor territory, this sauce is a must-try. The best part is, it’s incredibly easy to make, as long as you stick to the precise measurements and resist the urge to go overboard with any particular ingredient in your excitement.
This tangy Keto BBQ sauce will add a delightful twist to your low-carb meals. Whether you’re grilling chicken, beef, or even vegetables, this sauce will take your dishes to a whole new level. The subtle heat and tanginess, combined with the unique addition of cocoa, create a flavor profile that’s sure to impress.
1. Weigh all the ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Peel the garlic and mash it or grate it.
3. Place all the ingredients in a heavy bottom pan or wok.
4. Start cooking on low heat and allow all the ingredients to mix with each other.
5. After two to three minutes, cover the sauce, and cook some more for another five to seven minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Once it resembles the consistency of a sauce, switch off the heat.
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Spinach Soup
7. Check for spiciness and sweetness, and adjust the chili powder and the stevia accordingly.
8. This recipe makes about 20 teaspoons of BBQ sauce. You can store the sauce in a glass jar, in the fridge for almost a fortnight.