In continuation of my spree of discovering new low carb sauces, I have for you today a moderately spicy, but super tangy Keto BBQ sauce.
It does not resemble, any Indian chutney or pickle that you might have had earlier. And I was surprised by the end result. In India we don’t think for a minute, that cocoa can be used in a sauce. We assume that it is only used in cakes and pies.
Try this sauce, if you are looking for a change in the palette, and if you are game for something new. The sauce is very simple to make, just ensure that you stick to the precise measurements and not go overboard with any ingredients, in your excitement.
1. Weigh all the ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Peel the garlic and mash it or grate it.
3. Place all the ingredients in a heavy bottom pan or wok.
4. Start cooking on low heat and allow all the ingredients to mix with each other.
5. After two to three minutes cover the sauce, and cook some more for another five to seven minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Once it resembles the consistency of a sauce, switch off the heat.
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Spinach Soup
7. Check for spiciness and sweetness, and adjust the chili powder and the stevia accordingly.
8. This recipe makes about 20 teaspoons of BBQ sauce. You can store the sauce in a glass jar, in the fridge for almost a fortnight.