Now that Navratri has started, we will need to get as creative as we can for the next nine days. For starters, I have for you today a Keto Vegetarian Spinach Soup, which has the distinct flavour of coconut in it. The soup is very filling, full of fibre and so yummy, that you can try serving it to fussy kids at home too.
Personally, I am not such a big fan of soups and spinach, but this one has become my favourite. In the Ketogenic lifestyle, the food can sometimes be low in fiber, so a soup like this can fix that and also give you loads of comfort in a bowl. Try the soup today and you can always pair it up with some Keto Roti if you want. This recipe is for a vegetarian soup, you can skip out the ingredients that might be conflicting with your fasting guidelines. And if you don’t want to use pink salt, you can always “sendha namak”.
Priya’s Keto Spinach Soup Recipe
- 150 gms Spinach chopped
- 50 gms Turnip chopped
- 6 gms Ginger chopped
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 50 ml Coconut Milk diluted with two cups of water.
- 10 gms Dessicated Coconut
- Salt according to taste
- Black Pepper, according to taste
- Heavy Whipping Cream for garnish
- Measure all the veggies, wash, chop them and keep them ready.
- In a thick bottom pan, put the olive oil and heat on low.
- Now add the chopped ginger and saute till pink. Add chopped green chillies for extra flavour if you want.
- Add all the washed veggies to the pan and raise the heat.
- Add the salt and pepper, keep cooking till the veggies release their water.
- Now lower the heat and sprinkle the dessicated coconut on top.
- When the coconut mixes well in the veggies, then add the diluted coconut milk to the pan and cook on low heat.
- Switch off the heat and allow the soup to cool down.
- Transfer this soup to a blender and grind it till a fine consistency is achieved.
- Put the soup back in the pan and boil for a few minutes.
- Before serving drizzle some freshly beaten cream on top.
- Cals – 150
- Net Carbs – 4.2 g
- Protein – 3.3 g
- Fats – 13.3 g
One thought on “Priya’s Keto Spinach Soup”
Excellent recipes that KETO friendly.