Last updated on July 1, 2023
Now that Navratri has started, it’s time to unleash our creativity for the next nine days. To kick things off, I have a delightful recipe for you: Vegetarian Spinach Soup infused with the distinct flavor of coconut. This soup is not only incredibly filling, but also packed with fiber, making it a perfect choice for both adults and even fussy kids.
Now, I’ll admit, I wasn’t always a fan of soups and spinach myself. However, this particular recipe has won me over and become a personal favorite. In the world of Ketogenic living, the food can sometimes be low in fiber, so this soup comes to the rescue, providing both comfort and nourishment in a single bowl.
Also Try: 5 Best Vegetable Keto Soup Recipes by Priya
Give this soup a try today, and if you’d like, pair it with some Keto Roti for a more satisfying meal. Keep in mind that this recipe is tailored for a vegetarian soup, but you can easily omit any ingredients that conflict with your fasting guidelines.
Additionally, if you prefer using “sendha namak” (rock salt) instead of pink salt, feel free to make that substitution.
Priya’s Keto Spinach Soup Recipe
- 150 gms Spinach chopped
- 50 gms Turnip chopped
- 6 gms Ginger chopped
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 50 ml Coconut Milk diluted with two cups of water.
- 10 gms Dessicated Coconut
- Salt according to taste
- Black Pepper, according to taste
- Heavy Whipping Cream for garnish
- Measure all the veggies, wash, chop them and keep them ready.
- In a thick bottom pan, put the olive oil and heat on low.
- Now add the chopped ginger and saute till pink. Add chopped green chillies for extra flavour if you want.
- Add all the washed veggies to the pan and raise the heat.
- Add the salt and pepper, keep cooking till the veggies release their water.
- Now lower the heat and sprinkle the dessicated coconut on top.
- When the coconut mixes well in the veggies, then add the diluted coconut milk to the pan and cook on low heat.
- Switch off the heat and allow the soup to cool down.
- Transfer this soup to a blender and grind it till a fine consistency is achieved.
- Put the soup back in the pan and boil for a few minutes.
- Before serving drizzle some freshly beaten cream on top.
- Cals – 150
- Net Carbs – 4.2 g
- Protein – 3.3 g
- Fats – 13.3 g