Last updated on June 13, 2023
There’s something incredibly satisfying about enjoying a warm bowl of Halwa while the rain pours outside. And when you realize that it won’t add any sugar to your diet, the satisfaction doubles.
That’s why I’m thrilled to share my recipe for Keto Zucchini Halwa with you—a comforting, and flavorful Indian Keto Dessert infused with cardamom and delicious dry fruits. The best part? It’s sugar-free and healthy, so you can indulge in its deliciousness without any guilt.
Halva (also halvah, halwa,and other spellings) is a type of confectionery originating from Persia and widely spread throughout the Middle East and India. The name is used for a broad variety of recipes, generally a thick paste made from flour, butter, liquid oil, saffron, rosewater, milk, cocoa powder, and sweetened with sugar — Wikipedia.
Keto Zucchini Halwa is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whenever my family craves a decadent treat, I whip up a batch of this delightful halwa. The best part is that it’s a minimum ingredient, low-labor recipe that won’t take up much of your time.
Preparing it is a breeze, let’s check out how to do that.
Keto Zucchini Halwa
- steel grater
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (200gm or 2 cups)
- ½ cup heavy coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 5 sweetener of your choice
- 12 almonds & 8 pistachios
- Take the zucchinis or bottle gourds and peel and cut them into 2. Slice out the seeds from the zucchinis and grate them using a steel grater, and put aside.
- Now, take a pan and put that on a gas stove on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add ghee/clarified butter to that.
- After that add almond and pistachio nuts and fry until golden brown (just over a min) and then keep aside.
- Now in the same pan, add grated zucchini or bottle gourd and cook on low-medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- After that add milk, heavy whipping cream, crushed fried nuts, and green food color, and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes, stir well continuously while doing so.
- Dish the dessert out and enjoy.
Don’t forget to tell me in the comment section your views about the recipe and how you and your family liked it.