It’s been an amazing year and a memorable one too. This is my second Diwali on the Keto journey and each year gets better than the last. Diwali is my most favorite festival and every year I really look forward to it. To be able to say a special prayer on this pious day for my loved ones and friends, means a lot to me. Diwali is so incomplete without something sweet. So after reinventing many Indian keto desserts like Keto Barfi, Keto Sandesh, and Keto Laddoo, I tried making ketogenic til Laddoo. Til is sesame seeds and is a favorite ingredient in North India during winters, as they have properties to provide heat to the body.
‘ketogenic til Laddoo’ is a famous sweet of India and is loved by one and all. This Diwali, I tried making ‘til laddoos’ and they turned out pretty decent. However, in the absence of any flour, binding them was a very tough task. I first tried adding some cream so that the dough would bind but did not help. Finally, I added some coconut milk and it worked.
To make this Indian keto dessert, you need very few ingredients, which you can arrange in no time. Remember when you are giving them shape; be quick and carry loads of patience. You can make a batch and keep them in the freezer. Winter is coming and my keto til laddoos will remind you of the ones your mom and your grandmom used to make. The best thing is that you can have them without breaking your diet regimen, as they have less than 2 net carbs per piece and no sugar at all.
This Diwali, make your celebration extra special by making this classic Indian keto dessert.
Happy Diwali !
1. Measure out the sesame seeds and the coconut.
2. Coarsely grind the sesame seeds.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan add the sesame seeds and the desiccated coconut and start roasting it on a low heat.
4. Add melted ghee and keep roasting and stirring continuously.
5. Once the mixture turns golden, add the sweetener and roast some more. Add the cream if you want at this stage.
6. Once the mixture is nice and golden, take out in a bowl and let it cool down for about ten minutes.
7. Add the coconut milk to this mixture and mix well. Start making small laddoos and placing them in a freezer proof tray or plate.
8. Freeze the laddoos for an hour and later store them in an airtight container.
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Coconut Fat Bombs