Last updated on July 25, 2023
Today, I have two delightful Indian Keto-friendly recipes: Spicy Zucchini and Green Egg. Let’s start with the first recipe, Masala Zucchini, which brings a spicy and nutty flavor inspired by the state of West Bengal.
To create this flavorful dish, we’ll be using a special spice mixture called Panch Phoran, which translates to “five spices” in Hindi.
As the name suggests, Panch Phoran combines five different spices, each contributing its unique taste to the dish. While the traditional recipe has mustard oil, I’ll be using olive oil as a substitute.
Ketogenic Spicy Zucchini Recipe
Zucchini with Green Egg (Keto Recipe)
- ½ kg Zucchini sliced with the peel
- 2 drops Stevia / Sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp Mango powder
- 1 tbsp Panch Phoran
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Whole Dried Red Chillies
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera For Panch Phoran
- 1/2 tbsp Fennel Seeds For Panch Phoran
- 1/4 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds/Methi dana For Panch Phoran
- 1/4 tbsp Mustard Seeds/Sarson dana For Panch Phoran
- 1/4 tbsp Nigella Seeds/Kalongi For Panch Phoran
- Take a wok and pour the oil in it. Warm it on medium heat.
- Drop the red chilies and after a few seconds add the panch phoran.
- Lower the heat and allow the seeds to crackle for a minute or so. Stir lightly.
- Add the sliced zucchini to the pan or wok.
- Add the turmeric, the red chilli powder and the salt. Stir some more.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan for two to three minutes.
- The zucchini will leave some moisture, and you can stir-fry it in that.
- Now open the pan and add the sweetener and the dry mango powder.
- Stir some more and switch off the gas.
- Please ensure that the zucchini is tender but not mushy.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Please ensure that the Zucchini you pick for this recipe is firm and has a soft peal. In all probability, you will find all these spices at home. In case you don’t, the five spice mixture can be easily found in any Indian grocery store — Priya Dogra.
Keto Green Egg Recipe
At first, when this recipe was suggested to me, I wondered what was the big deal about. But after I cooked it and ate it for dinner, I can tell you that this is going to become my favorite egg recipe for a long time to come.
If you can get duck eggs, then the recipe will be elevated to a whole new level. But since I don’t get any here, I tried it with normal eggs.
A simple egg recipe which requires very few ingredients.
Serves: 2 people
1. Boil the eggs and peel them.
2. In a bowl put the eggs, salt and 1 tbsp oil. Mix well and keep it aside for some time.
3. After an hour, so, take a heavy bottomed pan and keep it on high heat.
4. Add the rest of the oil and heat it.
5. Add the eggs and onion mixture and start frying on high heat.
6. Add the green chillies and keep stirring. Soon the eggs and onions will look fried and get a nice golden colour.
7. Lower the heat and add the turmeric powder, stir some more.
8. Add half a cup of water and cover the pan for two to three minutes.
9. Now open and cook till all the water dries up.
10. Switch off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Tip: Please ensure that the onions don’t get burnt. You can add as many green chilies as you want. But try not to make without them — Priya Dogra.