One of the most cherished sweets of the multi-faceted Indian cuisine is Rasmalai. It is basically sweetened cheese added to sweetened and flavored milk and served chilled. I am sure in Keto diet, an Indian you were missing this dessert. Don’t worry; Keto Rasmalai is a thing, and you enjoy it whenever you want.
The Keto version of this world-famous Indian sweet tries its best to match up to the original version. And can be made on Indian festivals, or special occasions, when you might feel left out.
The cottage cheese or paneer required for the Keto Rasmalai recipe should be ideally prepared at home. But you can also pick a packet from the supermarket. Always have this yummy dessert chilled, so be patient. Rasmalai is one of those Indian sweets that is liked by almost everyone, irrespective of the age and the culture one belongs to. The recipe is easy to make and can be prepared within an hour. And let me tell you it is worth the effort! So keep this recipe bookmarked for this weekend.
The sweetener required by the Keto rasmalai recipe can be either Stevia or Erythritol. I personally use Stevia from the Sugarfree brand and it has no after taste. Let’s get started !!
Also Read: Keto Bliss Balls
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix Cottage Cheese with 1/4 cup of sweetener.
3. Now, spread the ricotta mixture over a baking sheet, making about 1/2-inch thick layer and bake it for about 25 minutes.
4. While the paneer mixture is getting baked, add cream, milk and the remaining sweetener to a frying pan.
5. Put a thick bottom pan on medium-high heat and keep stirring. Once a semi-thick consistency is reached, switch off the heat.
6. Put cardamom seeds and clove in a strainer and let them stay in the boiling liquid for about 5 minutes. Let the mixture reduce to about 1/3rd of the original quantity and set it aside.
7. Let the baked paneer cool down for about 10 minutes, followed by cutting them into little squares or circles.
8. Now, place them in a container and pour the milk mixture over them.
9. Add the cardamom and clove liquid and stir lightly.
10. Refrigerate the container until the Keto rasmalai gets completely chilled.
11. While serving, garnish Keto rasmalai with chopped pistachios and enjoy!
Have any important tips, remarks, suggestions, etc. to make about the Keto rasmalai recipe? Let the community know via the dedicated comments section below.