I have been missing ketchup since the time I went on Keto. And I never knew that it would be ever possible on the Keto diet. Although tomatoes should be avoided in this diet, there’s no harm in having a low-carb, Keto tomato ketchup.
And before all hell breaks loose, hang on. I actually made this Tomato ketchup, because I needed it as an ingredient for my Barbecue Sauce, which I will be posting soon. And I needed the Barbeque Sauce to eat with Roasted Pork, which I will be posting soon too. So hold on to your horses. The ketchup is ready in a few minutes, and it tastes pretty awesome. You can have it with boiled eggs, sautéed veggies and anything else that needs spicing up. Try making a small bowl and you will like it for sure. Another reason why I am in favor of this ketchup is that it is devoid of any corn syrup, preservatives, and other chemicals. It is fully natural and super healthy.
Keto Tomato Ketchup Making Procedure
1. Pick red and ripe tomatoes. Wash and cut them into pieces.
2. Peel and cut the onion and garlic.
3. Keep the spices and the apple cider vinegar ready.
4. In a heavy-bottomed pan put all the ingredients and cook on low heat. If you think that the tomatoes are not getting soft then add some water.
5. Once all the ingredients have cooked well and become a fine mixture, switch off the heat.
6. Allow the mixture to cool, and then blend it, till it resembles a smooth paste. Ensure that the mixture is not watery and has a thick consistency.
7. Pour in a glass jar and keep in the fridge. The ketchup will stay good for almost a month.