Last updated on September 8, 2023
Seafood is a fantastic choice for those following a Keto lifestyle, as it is generally carb-free. When it comes to fish, simplicity is key, allowing the flavours of the ingredients to shine through.
With just 10 minutes of prep time and another 15 minutes of cooking, you can create a Keto version of this delightful Lemon Butter Sauce Fish dish.
The star of this recipe is undoubtedly the browned butter. By browning the butter, you not only infuse it with a delightful nutty aroma, but also thicken the sauce. The addition of a splash of lemon brings a refreshing tang to the dish, perfectly complementing the rich flavours of the fish.
How to Prepare Lemon Butter Sauce Fish?
Here is the step-by-step instructions for preparing the Keto Lemon Butter Sauce Fish recipe. It is divided into 2 sections; preparing lemon butter sauce and crispy pan-fried fish.
- Take a small frying-pan or saucepan and place it over a medium heat setting. Put the butter in it.
- Once the butter melts, keep stirring it frequently until it turns golden brown and gives out a nutty smell. This shall take about 3 minutes.
- Remove butter from the stove and pour into a small bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper along with a squeeze of lemon juice to the melted butter. Stir and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Taste and add lemon/salt as per requirement and put it aside.
Directions For Crispy Pan Fried Fish
- Dry the fish using paper towels and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it followed by sprinkling some flour. Use fingers to spread the flour thoroughly.
- Put a non-stick skillet over high heat setting and heat some oil in it.
- Add fish to shimmering oil, giving out light wisps of smoke.
- Cook on one side for about 90 seconds, until it turns golden brown and crispy on the edges. Turn and cook on the other side.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and place it in a plate.
- Drizzle each fish with 1 tablespoon of sauce, garnish with parsley, and add lemon while serving.
Also Read: Keto Spinach Egg Omelette
Tip: The melted butter mixture stays pour-able for 20 to 30 minutes — Priya Dogra.
Share your comments, remarks, tips, suggestions, etc. via the dedicated comments section below. Enjoy!