In Keto, spinach is a very safe addition. You can go a little overboard with the quantities, it is easy to cook and easily available too. These Keto Spinach Pancakes are a delicious meal that combines the flavor of fresh, leafy spinach with eggs and herbs. It is crispy on the outside but tender inside. The recipe makes up for an ideal breakfast or a fulfilling lunch. You can also have it as a snack or add it as a side dish for dinner.
Although you can have the keto spinach pancakes with anything – or have them all by themselves -, they go excellent with baked pork chops, baked salmon, and grilled chicken breast. Already salivating! Let’s get started then.
Total Servings – 6
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
500 grams spinach (chopped)
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 eggs (large)
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon pink salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup almond flour (blanched and finely ground)
3 Cheese Cubes (grated)
How to Prepare Keto Spinach Pancakes
1. Preheat the oven to 1500F or 1800F. This is required to keep the cooked pancakes warm while other batches of the same are fried.
2. Wash the spinach, chop, and drain thoroughly on a kitchen towel. Remove as much water as possible.
3. Take a large bowl and add garlic, onion, and spinach to it. Mix using a spatula.
4. In another bowl, smaller, whisk the eggs thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to it.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach mixture and mix thoroughly. Add in the almond flour and cheese to the same and mix well using a spatula.
6. Place a large skillet or a non-stick pan over a medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
7. Use a tablespoon to take 4 scoops of the spinach mixture and place them in the skillet. Apply little pressure to flatten the pancakes.
8. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side of the pancakes or until they turn brown and crisp. Remove from the skillet and let them cool. Place the prepared pancakes in the oven.
9. Repeat Step #07 and Step #08 for two more batches of pancakes.
10. Serve warm pancakes with Greek yogurt or some keto chutney or sauce or sour cream!
The crispiness of the prepared pancakes depends significantly on the dryness of the spinach.
Once you’re done cooking, about half of the olive oil will remain in the skillet. Use it as much as possible to thoroughly brown the pancakes.
Nutritional Information for Keto Spinach Pancakes
Energy – 159 kcal
Carbohydrates – 6 grams
Fat – 10 grams
Fiber – 2 grams
Protein – 8 grams
Other than being a low-carb food, the Keto Spinach Pancakeseto spinach pancakes also pack in traces of sodium. Did you love or hate the recipe? Let us know via the comments section below. Stay safe, stay fit!