Last updated on July 12, 2023
I agree, there’s nothing quite like a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter evening. But, traditional chicken noodle soup is not keto-friendly, as it contains noodles, which are high in carbohydrates.
That’s why I love this recipe for Keto Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup. It’s a delicious and satisfying soup that is perfect for people on a keto diet. The zoodles (zucchini noodles) are a great low-carb substitute for traditional noodles, and they add a delicious texture to the soup.
This soup is also very easy to make. You simply need to cook some bone broth, add the zoodles, chicken, and your favorite vegetables. Then, simmer everything together until the vegetables are tender. That’s it!
This soup is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables, and it’s also a great way to warm up on a cold winter day.
While you need pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for this soup, you can even use any leftover chicken for preparing this soup. No matter what type of chicken you use in this soup, you’ll love to have it every other evening after coming home from work. After all, it’s a perfect guilt-free, comfort food for people on a Keto diet.
I highly recommend giving it a try!
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 8 cups (1.89 liters) Chicken Broth
- ½ teaspoon Basil
- ½ teaspoon Poultry Seasoning, optional or use pinch of Garam Masala
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 cup (0.24 liters) Celery, sliced
- 1 cup Carrot, sliced
- 1 cup Zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (0.47 liters) Chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parsley or Coriander chopped
- You have to spiralize the zucchini using a medium blade and keep the zucchini noodles aside.
- After that, heat the oil in a big pot on medium flame. Further, you have to cook the onion until tender and then add chicken. Let it cook until it turns brown, in around 5 minutes.
- Put broth, basil, poultry seasoning, celery, and carrot in it. Let it simmer (uncovered) for around 15–20 minutes, or until the veggies turn tender.
- Stir zucchini noodles for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they are softened. For firm noodles, add raw noodles in bowls and then put hot soup over them. Let it sit for 2 minutes to soften and enjoy the soup.
I am sure you will enjoy having this irresistible Keto Chicken Zoodle Soup and its yummy flavors. It is quite filling and refreshing, while making you feel cozy in winter. Even your family and friends would love it.