Last updated on October 18, 2023
As winter approaches, we Indians crave warm cups of tea accompanied by crispy and hot snacks. It’s the season when we seek snacks that not only keep us warm, but also satisfy our cravings. I, too, experience such winter food cravings.
With the chilly weather upon us, I wanted to find a way to indulge in something healthy, light ketogenic, and wholesome. That’s when I stumbled upon a recipe for low-carb broccoli and cheese fritters, and let me tell you, they turned out to be a delightful evening snack.
These broccoli fritters are not your typical deep-fried snack. They don’t contain any cornmeal, yet they retain a perfect crunch. Believe me, you’ll find yourself happily munching on them this winter, especially when paired with my delectable Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe or any sauce of your choice.
Personally, I find the combination of these fritters with the amazing Keto BBQ sauce simply irresistible. It’s a snack that the whole family can enjoy together. So, let’s dive into the quick and easy preparation of this tasty treat.
Equipment you’ll need
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 7 tablespoons Flaxseed meal
- 120 grams of fresh Broccoli
- 100 grams Almond Flour
- 115 ounces (4.35 kg) of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper (as per your taste)
- Put broccoli in a food processor to break it into small pieces. You need it to be properly processed before beginning.
- Add almond flour, cheese, baking powder, and ¼ cup flaxseed meal to the processed broccoli. If you like to add some extra seasonings (salt and pepper) at this step.
- Add two large eggs and mix them well to ensure everything is blended nicely.
- Roll the blended batter in form of balls and further coat them with around 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal. Continue with this step until the entire batter is finished, and keep setting the balls on paper towels.
- 5. Turn on a deep fat fryer to heat around 375F. When ready, keep broccoli and cheese fitters within the basket to ensure there is no overcrowding.
- Fry the fritters till they turn golden brown (around 3–5 minutes).
- Lay the fried fitters on paper towels for soaking excess grease and add seasoning as per your taste.
- Enjoy it with your favorite dip or sauce.
Share your views about the Keto Broccoli and Cheese Fritters in the dedicated comments section below. Also, try my Keto Broccoli soup if you’re left with spare Broccoli after making this recipe.
Related: Crunch Without the Carbs: The Ultimate Keto Snacks Guide
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on a variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!