When the days turn shorter and the air freezes outdoors, a craving for something hot and filling takes over me since the metabolic activity is at its peak and I won’t leave a chance to enjoy a snack at this beautiful time of the day. A steaming and yummy bowl of soup spreading its aroma far and wide, tickling my taste buds and intimidating the tongue with its heat is the best thing that can happen to me. Since I live in Shimla, a bowl of heartwarming soup always helped me to get through the cold snowy days of the year. If you are feeling like having a steaming bowl of yummy soup to beat the frosty winters, try my favorite soothing, simple, and easy to make Keto Egg Drop Soup.
Keto Egg Drop Soup is a complete meal in itself, light on the tummy, easy to make, plus easily paired with Keto Bacon Balls to balance the fat portion that you don’t want to miss especially in winters. This soup will surely become your favourite, like it is mine.
This recipe makes 2 servings, so you can cook and keep one serving ready for the next day. So lets jump to the recipe straight away.
Total Servings – 2
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
For the chicken stock
500 grams Chicken with bone
2 Bay leaves
15 Whole Black Peppercorns
25 grams Fresh Ginger
1 Tsp Sea Salt
500 ml Water
For the egg drop soup
500 ml Chicken stock (If the stock yield is less than 500ml just add water and salt)
1 Spring Onion
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Soya Sauce
1. Start by putting all the ingredients mentioned above in a pressure cooker and cook them for 30 minutes on medium or low flame.
2. After 30 minutes, strain out the stock carefully, set the chicken pieces aside and shred them in small to medium size (as per your convenience).
3. Now heat the stock in an instant pot on the stove, and add in the white part of spring onion to it. Stew it on low flame for 5 minutes. Let the flavour of spring onion infuse properly in the broth.
4. After that add in the shredded chicken piecesinto the bowl and then add in soya sauce and sesame oil.
5. Beat two eggs in another bowl and pour the mixture into the broth. Wait for 10 seconds before stirring the soup to allow the eggs to set on the surface before breaking up.
6. Cook for 5 more minutes and add the green part of the spring onion to it.
7. Garnish the soup with some freshly cracked black pepper and serve hot.
Enjoy a hearty bowl of soup on a cold winter evening.
I am sure you’ll love this irresistible Keto Egg Drop Soup Recipe and its rich flavors. Its filling refreshing taste will make you cozy when it’s cold outside. I am sure your friends and family will also love it and ask for it more often. Do let me know in the comment section how you like this recipe.
Have a fun Keto winters!