So it’s raining cats and dogs in my city, which makes it the perfect time to have a piece of toasted bread with butter on it. It is the simple pleasures of life that make life worth living. I have for you today a yummy Keto Sweet Bread.
I am often asked that how do you manage, when you are out socializing. Well I am going to be candid today. Initially it was very tough, as people just don’t get it or they pretend to listen but at the end of it they are only hearing.
I have also got stuck at places where close friends insist on feeding you ‘just a bite’, and have had to face the worst of expressions when I have refused desserts. And you can imagine what a big crime that can be in India, where joyous occasions start and end with something sweet.
I think in my case as people around me saw the change they accepted my ‘no’ with respect. At work they don’t offer me pizza anymore, there is no slice of cake for me, instead I get sweet smiles and somebody always gets me some cheese.
So if you ask me, you just need to be tough in the head and a little flexible too. I have some easy tips for you that can come handy, on this journey.
1. If you know the venue for the party, be smart and have a look at the menu beforehand. Choose your dishes beforehand and don’t be caught off guard.
2. If the occasion involves close friends and family, be smart and skip a meal. Hold the appetite for the evening.
3. If you are going to a social gathering like a wedding or a christening, you can either leave before the buffet is laid, or play around with the food on the plate, or pick Keto friendly items.
4. If you are going out clubbing or dancing, or to a place where nobody will care to see what you eating, just sip on some clear soda, or have some nimbu soda/ lime soda, and even better eat from home on go.
5. In most Indian weddings where vegetarian food is being served hog on the paneer, or try the taka tak or the pan fried veggies. You can also pick the cucumbers, radishes from the mountains of salad you see there.
6. Ratia or yogurt can also be a life saver. And the tikkas both paneer/ cottage cheese and chicken should be your best friend.
7. Avoid the punch no matter how attractive it might look, and drink water or even salty butter milk will do. Although very few people will serve that at an occasion. They would prefer Coke !
8. Another fact that you need to keep in mind is that Chinese is a big no. No matter how convincing the steward might sound they add cornflour to almost everything. Even the clear soups have it.
9. Sea food is a good bet, provided it is not crumb fried, just baked and sautéed is good.
10. And as a golden rule I never step out of the house without stevia in my pocket and sometimes coffee sachets too, and sometimes when nobody is looking I carry my small bottle of coconut oil too. While everybody around you is getting drunk on calories and sugar laden drinks, you can get drunk on your cup of BPC.
11. Lastly, it is your body and your life, how you want to treat it, and what you want to do with it is your business. People who claim to be your well wishers should be able to respect that, or next time when you review the clothes you need to give out, also you review your list of so called good friends.
So coming to the recipe, it is very simple, yum and keeps you full for a long time. You need to ensure that the egg whites are beaten till they form stiff peaks. I had Whey Protein in Chocolate flavor, so I made the bread with that. But you can use any flavor you want.
Keto Sweet Bread Recipe
1. Separate the egg whites and yellow. And it is beyond me why one has a different color.
2. In a blender put the egg whites and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
3. Next add the cocoa and keep blending.
4. Add the Whey protein, Vanilla essence and sweetener and blend some more.
5. Now add the baking powder and the salt and blend for a few minutes more.
6. Lastly add the yolks and blend for two minutes.
7. Preheat the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Pour the batter in the loaf tin, in which you have rubbed the butter already.
9. Sprinkle the chia seeds and pumpkin seeds on the top. Or you can also mix them in the batter.
10. Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 35 minutes and check with a knife. If not done bake for another fifteen minutes.
11. Allow the bread to cool completely, before you slice it and store in an air-tight container.
12. Enjoy at any time, with a cup of coffee or even with your eggs.
13. You can skip the sweetener completely and make it bland or salty too. But since my Whey was chocolate flavored so I made it sweet.