How many of you miss roti alongside the thick curries and butter chicken in the Keto diet? Honestly, I do. I am sure passing on roties and naans is quite challenging for you, but here I am today with a recipe that will definitely cheer you up quite a bit.
Try my Keto Garlic Butter Naan, a tasty gluten-free alternative of Indian roti that you can pair with most Indian Keto recipes.
It took me a little while to figure out what flours and ingredients work best together. If you remember, I previously got you a simple Keto Naan Bread recipe for which I used almond flour as the main ingredient. This one uses coconut flour instead of almond flour with garlic and butter.
It is thick, fluffy, and tastes buttery delicious, without all the carbs! The best thing is that this recipe needs no rest time, no heavy kneading, and no fancy kitchen mixers. Check out the easy recipe below.
Keto Garlic Butter Naan
- Rolling pin
- ½ Cup Coconut flour
- 1.5 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1-1.5 Cups Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Finely Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
For Garlic Butter Syrup Spread (Optional)
- 1 tbso Melted butter
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano flakes
For Garlic Butter Syrup Spread
- Melt the butter into a small saucepan. Turn the heat on to medium-low and let the butter melt slowly. Drop the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and oregano flakes as per your taste requirement into the melted butter. Let it cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
For The Naan
- Mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, and melted butter really well. Later, add the minced garlic to the mixture.
- Now to make the dough, add 1 cup of hot water. Combine well. Add more hot water if needed. Make sure the consistency is not too wet. Let it rest for 7 to 8 minutes, before adding more water.
- You can add psyllium husk powder if you feel the consistency of the dough is too wet.
- Now, knead the dough with your hands for a minute and let it sit in a bowl for 15 minutes.
- Make 6 medium-sized balls with the dough. Roll them circular like a roti on parchment paper using a rolling pin.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add a naan to the heated skillet. Flip after a couple of minutes. Cook until browned on both sides.
- When the naan starts to puff up, it’s done!
- Complete until all naans are cooked.
- Enjoy with garlic butter syrup on the top!
The naans taste best with Keto Butter Chicken and Keto Achari Paneer. Must try! If you liked my Keto Garlic Butter Naan , don’t forget to share your views in the dedicated comments section below.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!