Last updated on August 4, 2023
Chicken is a versatile ingredient in the Keto diet, and the possibilities of cooking it are endless. It’s amazing how chicken always manages to taste delicious no matter how you prepare it.
When you’re following the Keto lifestyle, you’ll naturally be on the lookout for different recipes and cooking methods for chicken.
Today, I have an easy and flavorful chicken recipe for you. Keto Butter Pepper Chicken requires only a few ingredients but delivers a fantastic taste. Butter and pepper take center stage in this dish, and it comes together quickly, making it perfect for busy days.
I guarantee that my Keto Butter Pepper Chicken will become a family favorite in no time. Get ready to receive requests to cook it over and over again.
In its purest form, the dish is one of yogurt- and spice-marinated meat, prepared using onions, ginger, and tomatoes, and scented with garam masala, cumin and turmeric. In restaurants, it is often cooked in a tandoor – a large, urn-shaped oven – giving it a deep, caramelised flavour. The generous amounts of butter and cream used make it wildly luxurious — South China Morning Post.
Give this easy recipe a try this Sunday, and if you want to make it extra special, pair it with some Keto Buns. For this recipe, I’ve used freshly ground peppercorns, but if you have young kids at home, you can always replace them with freshly ground pepper powder.
Keto Butter Pepper Chicken is sure to lift your spirit and leave a very special aftertaste in your mouth.
And mind you it has no ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
Best Keto Butter Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg Broiler Chicken
- 100 gm Hung Curd or Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 50 gm Amul Butter
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Red Chilly Powder
- White and Pink salt according to taste
- 50 gm Black Peppercorns whole
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry.
- The hung curd needs to be measured and keep ready with the the spices.
- Measure the peppercorns and roughly grind them. Pick the top corns which are not powdered completely and keep them aside for the tempering.
- The hung curd, salt, powdered pepper, red chili powder needs to be added to the chicken and mixed with your hands, untill the chicken is covered properly with the marinade.
- Add the olive oil to the marinade, mix some more. Let the chicken rest in the fridge for four to five hours.
- Measure the butter and heat it in a thick bottomed pan or wok. Add the half grinded pepper corns we had kept aside to it, when hot.
- Drop the chicken in the butter and start cooking on low heat.
- After four to five minutes cover the chicken and let it be for ten to twelve minutes on low heat. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Once the chicken has an even golden colour you can serve it hot. Enjoy!
- Fats – 17.3
- Net Carbs – 4.7
- Protein – 50.1
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Bombil Duck Pickle