Most pioneers in the world of Keto have hopped onto the Chia seed wagon long ago. I might be late, but I am a true enthusiast nonetheless. Since I went on Keto I have heard tales of Chia seeds in every nook and corner. They have become so alluring because they are rarely used in Indian cuisine. Try the Keto Chia Seed Pudding, and treat yourself to a glass of goodness.
I have had a small batch of Chia seeds for a few months, and I had been looking for an idea since then. Before I come to the actual recipe, I must tell my Indian friends that Chia seeds are now easily available in all grocery stores or Kirana stores in India.
Next time you go for Keto shopping, do add them to your list and for starters, even 100 gms will be enough. I have also discovered another ingredient, which is absolutely divine. I have found a replacement for HWC in India. Some of you might be using it already, but I am totally excited as I got it just yesterday. It’s called ‘Amul Whipping Cream’ and it is 30% milkfat, with no sugar at all.
I made four portions of this dessert and I had to finish one full portion before I could sit down to share my happiness with you.
Priya’s Keto Chia Seed Pudding
I am going to make a dreamy and creamy Keto Chia Seed P
Pudding that you won’t be able to resist. The recipe is ever so simple and tastes like a slice of heaven. And don’t forget it is Keto friendly and a great option for breakfast. If you still need more convincing, I have nothing to say.
I made this pudding two ways. I added unsweetened Cocoa to half of the mixture and let the rest be plain coconut. Some recipes asked for vanilla extract or cinnamon powder, but I didn’t use any. I love the natural taste and smell of whipped cream. You can also make this pudding with almond milk, but I don’t get almond milk here, so I was happy to use coconut milk. I did not use any blender, but if you want to please go ahead. I love the texture of Chia seeds, if you don’t like it, please go ahead and blend them. The only thing you need to be careful about is the proportion of Chia seeds to the liquid. When you start mixing the seeds with coconut milk, ensure that the mixture has a free flowing consistency. The seeds will swell up in twelve hours, so some extra liquid is very essential.
Make this pudding in the night so that it is ready for breakfast or as a snack. They stay fine in the fridge for a few days, if you can resist them for that long. If you do try this recipe, send me a picture I would love to see how yummy your pudding looks.
Happy pudding making!
1. Take the Chia seeds in a bowl and add the coconut milk to it.
2. Keep mixing with a whisk until it combines nicely.
3. Add the sweetener and whisk some more.
4. Divide the mixture into two portions.
5. I added cocoa to one half and mixed it nicely.
6. Now pour this mixture into the bowls or glasses you would like to eat in.
7. Keep covered in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
8. Next morning, beat the cream and put it on the Chia seeds mixture.
9. You can either eat it right away or allow the cream to settle in an hour or so.
Benefits of consuming Chia Seeds on Keto
- Chia Seeds are often called as super seeds from Mexico since they offer a large number of nutrients with very little calories.
- The carb content in Chia seeds is primarily fiber.
- The seeds are loaded with antioxidants.
- They offer you a very good quality protein.
- The seeds have very high levels of Omega-3 Fatty acids.
- They are known to help in Type 2 Diabetics.
- They are a versatile ingredient and can be very easily incorporated in any diet.
A single ounce of Chia seeds or 1 ounce (28 grams) has:
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3 s)
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
You will also find a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2, in them.