Winter is coming! Besides being a big fan of GOT, I am also a big fan of hot soups in winter. They are the perfect comfort food when the weather is cold and depressing.So I tried this new recipe of Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup, which has been inspired from a video I saw on Youtube, but I have modified it to suit our Indian Keto lifestyle.
The end result was a warm and absolutely yummy bowl of soup. You can have this as a complete meal or even combine it with a toast of Keto bread. I assure you this soup is nothing like any soup that you might have cooked or tried before. And don’t worry you don’t need many fancy ingredients for it.
Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup Making Procedure
1. In a pan heat the ghee. Now add the chopped onions and cook till golden.
2. Now add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook some more.
3. In a cup put the coconut milk, and add equal quantity of water.I had also added two chopped green chillies for additional taste.
4. Add this coconut and water mixture to the pan and wait for it to boil.
5. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and cook for three to four minutes.
6. Now transfer the contents to a baking dish or bowl.
7. In a separate bowl, break two eggs.
8. Now slowly drop these eggs into the soup mixture.
9. Put some boiling water in a tray and place the soup bowl in it. Place the tray in your oven.
10. Crank your oven to the highest, mine does not go beyond 250 degrees Celsius.
11. Cook for 20 minutes.
12. Garnish with the chopped coriander, and eat it hot.
Tip: The element of surprise in this dish is the yolk of the egg, which stays runny even after cooking for 20 minutes, and is absolutely delightful. For those of you who don’t like it that way, increase the cooking time to forty minutes. My soup was not very thick; if you want it thick just skip the water and only add coconut milk. Lastly, you can also add heavy cream along with the coconut milk, in order to make the soup creamier. But remember not to cook the cream on high heat.
9 thoughts on “Priya’s Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup”
This sounds interesting and delicious. I will have to give it a try.
Would love to start a Keto diet! It seems so hard though, how do you do it!?
Hi, its not hard at all. All you have to be is determined to get fit and healthy.
Looks delicious!I love any soup that includes egg!
This sounds so good and really filling.
It is a full meal. Super comforting !
This looks absolutely delicious! I may try this out over the weekend. Love trying new things.
Sure and let me know of you liked it.
I am totally on board with this recipe!!
कीटो अंडा और मशरूम सूप
Keto Pancakes – Quick and Easy Keto Dessert
कीटो तंदूरी टोफू/शाकाहारी व्यंजन
Keto Sesame Chicken Recipe
प्रिया का कीटो विंटर वेज सूप
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
प्रिया की भारतीय शैली से बनी कीटो बेक्ड मछली
Keto Bharwa Bhindi