Last updated on September 21, 2023
Ah, winter is approaching, and as a fellow Game of Thrones fan, I can totally relate to the excitement! But you know what’s even more exciting? Enjoying a bowl of hot, delicious soup during those chilly days.
It’s the ultimate comfort food that warms both your body and soul. Recently, I stumbled upon a fantastic recipe for Egg and Mushroom Soup while browsing YouTube, and I couldn’t wait to give it an Indian Keto twist
Also Try: 5+ Quick Keto Egg Recipes
Let me tell you, the end result was simply divine! A bowl of this warm goodness not only satisfied my taste buds, but also made me feel cosy and content.
You can savor it as a complete meal on its own, or pair it with a slice of delightful Keto bread.
What makes this soup truly special is its unique blend of flavors, unlike any other soup you’ve tried before. And the best part is that it doesn’t call for any fancy, hard-to-find ingredients. Simple and easy, right?
So, if you’re ready to embrace the winter vibes with a heart-warming bowl of Keto Egg and Mushroom Soup, get your cooking apron on and let’s dive into this culinary delight!
Also Try: 5 Best Vegetarian Keto Soup Recipes by Priya Dogra.
Making Egg and Mushroom Keto Soup
Egg & Mushroom Keto Soup Recipe
- 1 Pan
- 1 Chopper
- 2 Bowl
- 2 eggs Medium sized
- 2 tbsp Dabur Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 cup Chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 fistful Chopped Coriander for Garnish
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan, heat the ghee. Now add the chopped onions and cook till golden.
- Now add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook some more.
- In a cup put the coconut milk, and add an equal quantity of water. I had also added two chopped green chillies for additional taste.
- Add this coconut and water mixture to the pan and wait for it to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and cook for three to four minutes.
- Now transfer the contents to a baking dish or bowl.
- In a separate bowl, break two eggs.
- Now slowly drop these eggs into the soup mixture.
- Put some boiling water in a tray and place the soup bowl in it. Place the tray in your oven.
- Crank your oven to the highest, mine does not go beyond 250 degrees Celsius.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander, and eat it hot.
- Calories: 312
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fat: 26 g
Tip: The element of surprise in this dish is the yolk of the egg, which stays runny even after cooking for 20 minutes, and is absolutely delightful. For those of you who don’t like it that way, increase the cooking time to forty minutes. My soup was not very thick; if you want it thick, just skip the water and only add coconut milk. Lastly, you can also add heavy cream along with the coconut milk, in order to make the soup creamier. But remember not to cook the cream on high heat — Priya Dogra.