Cabbage along with Cauliflower is the holy grail of Ketogenic meals. It makes up the Keto alternative to rice. Moreover, it is a healthy leafy green vegetable that not only adds taste but also ensures that carbs stay to the minimum.
So if you are bored of cauliflower rice and grilled cabbage, here is a recipe that gives cabbage a tasty twist. It is a simple Keto recipe that makes up for a healthy breakfast or snack.
So, let’s get started.
Keto Cabbage Cutlet Recipe
- Frying pan
- 6 tbsp ghee melted
- 3 eggs try with 2 first
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper powder
- 500 gms cabbage [medium-sized] (coarsely ground or grated)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp Almonds powdered or Almond Flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Black pepper and freshly cut coriander
- Shred the Cabbage and remove the excess water from it and keep it in a bowl. Place a small saucepan/frying pan/skillet on high flame and add 2 tablespoons of ghee to it.
- Once the ghee is completely melted, add ginger powder, salt and garlic to it. Once the garlic turns brown remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Add this seasoning to the coarsely ground cabbage and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, pepper powder.
- Now break 2 eggs in it and keep trying to bind the mixture with your hands.Mix well.
- Add the powdered d almonds to the cabbage mixture for thickening it. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a frying pan or skillet on low flame and add 5 tablespoons of ghee to it. Let it melt.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the cabbage cutlet mixture in your hand, shape it into a cutlet, drop in the ghee. Add 2 to 3 more cutlets as permissible by the size of the frying pan. Let the cutlets fry at low flame. Flip them once they get fried on one side.
- Repeat Step 7 for the remaining cabbage cutlet mixture. Do not cook the cutlets on high heat as they will burn and be raw inside. Cook on low or medium flame and keep flipping.
- Serve cabbage cutlets with home made mint sauce.
- Energy – 66 kcal
- Net Carbohydrates – 2gms
- Fat – 5 grams
- Protein – 2 grams
That sums up the delectable and healthy keto cabbage cutlet recipe. How do you like it? Let us know in the comments.