Last updated on September 13, 2023
Cabbage, along with cauliflower, is a true gem when it comes to ketogenic meals. Not only does it serve as a fantastic low-carb substitute for rice, but it’s also a nutritious leafy green vegetable that adds flavour while keeping those carb counts low.
Also Read: Keto Paneer Cutlets
If you’re tired of the usual cauliflower rice and grilled cabbage, I’ve got a delightful recipe that will give cabbage a tasty twist. This is simple, yet satisfying keto recipe is perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack option that will keep you fuelled throughout the day.
It pairs best with avocado garlic chutney.
Let’s dive into the recipe and elevate your keto cooking with a dish that’s both delicious and keto-friendly.
Keto Cabbage Cutlet Recipe
- Frying pan
- 6 tbsp ghee melted
- 3 eggs try with 2 first
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper powder
- 500 gms cabbage [medium-sized] (coarsely ground or grated)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp Almonds powdered or Almond Flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Black pepper and freshly cut coriander
- Shred the Cabbage and remove the excess water from it and keep it in a bowl. Place a small saucepan/frying pan/skillet on high flame and add 2 tablespoons of ghee to it.
- Once the ghee is completely melted, add ginger powder, salt and garlic to it. Once the garlic turns brown remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Add this seasoning to the coarsely ground cabbage and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, pepper powder.
- Now break 2 eggs in it and keep trying to bind the mixture with your hands.Mix well.
- Add the powdered d almonds to the cabbage mixture for thickening it. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a frying pan or skillet on low flame and add 5 tablespoons of ghee to it. Let it melt.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the cabbage cutlet mixture in your hand, shape it into a cutlet, drop in the ghee. Add 2 to 3 more cutlets as permissible by the size of the frying pan. Let the cutlets fry at low flame. Flip them once they get fried on one side.
- Repeat Step 7 for the remaining cabbage cutlet mixture. Do not cook the cutlets on high heat as they will burn and be raw inside. Cook on low or medium flame and keep flipping.
- Serve cabbage cutlets with home made mint sauce.
- Energy – 66 kcal
- Net Carbohydrates – 2gms
- Fat – 5 grams
- Protein – 2 grams
That sums up the delectable and healthy keto cabbage cutlet recipe. How do you like it? Let us know in the comments.
My recommended Keto food that you can buy on Amazon.