I confess that in the past, I have been the most fanatic cookie and biscuit lover on this planet. There was a time when I used to have one whole packet of cookies for breakfast. And since I went on Keto I miss them the most. Biscuits and cookies are like the perfect comfort food for many people. You don’t need company to eat them, and they never talk back to you!So I searched and searched for Keto Almond Cookies recipes that would be able to give me some redemption and lost joy. I found many useful recipes on various websites.
I have tried baking my first batch of cookies, with locally found ingredients. But since I have no previous experience of baking cookies, so I am a little skeptical and ask you to cut me some slack. The recipe that I have for you today is easy and the portion size is just right to quench any biscuit cravings that you might be having. There is no grain whatsoever and the total carb count for each cookies is just 2.8 grams. So you can have them without any guilt. The addition of cocoa makes them look like a regular biscuit, but without any carbs. I have done no decoration on them, since it was my first attempt, but you go can go ahead get as much creative as you want. And since they are so rich in almonds I am going to call them-
And after they came out of the oven I had to control myself to stop after having two. I think I am going to have one with my coffee everyday. You will savour them just like I did and thank your stars for that moment, when you decided to switch to Keto.
Note: These cookies are absolutely sugar free, grain free and gluten free.
About the Ingredients:
1. Since I don’t get almond flour where I live, I used grounded almonds. Just pop your almonds in the dry grinder of your mixer and your batch of grounded almonds is ready.
2. I used Stevia powder as the sweetener. You can choose any sweetener of your choice.
3. Desiccated coconut is very easily available in all grocery stores in India, so that should not be a problem.
4. For my recipe I have used Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa, as that is the only brand available here. If you can find Lindt 90% Cocoa then go ahead and use it, but it sure is very expensive.
5. For the fat I used Amul butter and also some ghee.
Procedure of Making Keto Almond Cookies
Keto Almond Cookies
- 50 gm 1.8 oz softened Amul butter
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 cup Sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Almonds – grounded
- Pinch of salt Only if you are using unsalted butter
- In a bowl mix the butter, cocoa and Sugar free.
- Keep mixing till it becomes smooth.
- Add the desiccated coconut and mix some more.
- Blend in the almond flour. The mixture will start resembling a cookie dough at this stage.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix more.
- Divide the mixture into 14 small balls.
- On a baking tray place the balls and press them down with a fork.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely, before storing them in an airtight container.
- Check if a crust is forming at 15 minutes, if not, then bake for another 20 minutes.
- They become much more firm and crispy on cooling.
- You must press the dough down with a fork, to allow even cooking.
- Fat – 20.3 gm
- Net Carbs – 2.7 gm
- Protein – 4.9 gm
5 thoughts on “Priya’s Keto Almond Cookies”
Can we delete d egg part
No, but you can try substituting it with grounded flax seeds powder.
Plz can u help with. How much sugar-free should we use
Switch to Stevia, it is natural and has no side effects.
Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe. Nice pictures
कीटो अंडा और मशरूम सूप
Keto Pancakes – Quick and Easy Keto Dessert
Keto Almond Butter Espresso Bars
कीटो तंदूरी टोफू/शाकाहारी व्यंजन
Keto Sesame Chicken Recipe
प्रिया का कीटो विंटर वेज सूप
Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup