I have two good news for you today! I am confident that most of you who have sweet teeth like me will be delighted with my invention. Yes you heard me right, we can now have ‘Kulfi’ (Indian Ice cream) while being on Keto. This Keto Kulfi is easy to make and so yummy, that I had to stop myself from licking off the blender.
The other good news is that I finally found an Indian version of cream cheese in the market, Britannia Cream Cheese.
It tastes pretty decent and I am that sure that those of you living in the metros will be able to find it. I bought it from Chandigarh on my last trip to the plains. The cream cheese has a very nice texture and is very low on salt. The other important ingredient in this Kulfi recipe is homemade white butter, courtesy my dear mom. And thats not all, a single Kulfi has only 1g net carbs, so you can have it without feeling guilty at all. The Kulfi requires just four ingredients, so go ahead and try it this weekend and make your Mother’s Day weekend special. Mine got memorable for sure.
Keto Kulfi Making Procedure
1. Keep the cream cheese and butter out on the kitchen shelf a few hours before you make the Kulfi.
2. In a blender add the cream cheese, butter and blend for three to four minutes.
3. Add the sweetener, cardamom powder and blend some more.
4. Add the grounded almonds, blend some more and use a spoon to bring it down.
5. In a bowl place a cling wrap and put all the Kulfi mixture in it.
6. Place this bowl in the fridge for half an hour, until the mixture gets a little firm.
7. Keep the molds you want to freeze the Kulfi in ready.
8. Push the mixture in the molds, ensure there is no space for air bubbles.
9. Place the molds in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
10. Enjoy Keto Kulfi on Mother’s Day and remember to share your pictures with me.