Last updated on June 12, 2023
Desserts have a magical way of capturing our hearts. They provide comfort like a warm blanket on a cold winter evening. And when it comes to satisfying our sweet cravings, Indian desserts always top the list for me and my girls. Among our favorites are the delectable Ricotta Cheese Pedas.
But when you’re following a strict diet, enjoying these traditional treats seems impossible. Well, fret no more! I have a delightful solution for you. Today, I’m thrilled to share a healthy recipe for Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas.
These mouthwatering Pedas simply melt in your mouth and offer a delightful crunch. The best part is that everyone in your household, whether they’re on a diet or not, will fall in love with these heavenly Malai Pedas.
What’s more, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and takes only about 25 minutes from start to finish. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
So, here’s a quick and easy recipe for Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas that you can try whenever those sweet cravings hit.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 20 to 25 Pedas
- 400 grams of Ricotta Cheese or freshly made homemade Paneer
- 50 grams of Unsalted Butter
- Ghee or Butter for greasing
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 160 grams of Whey Protein Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Sugar-Free Vanilla Extract
- 110 grams of Powdered Erythritol or any other low-carb sweetener
- Whole or sliced almonds for topping
- Melt butter in a pan and ignite a medium flame on a gas stove.
- Blend the ricotta cheese with the butter. Keep mixing them until the cheese also melts.
- Add the sweetener of your choice and keep on stirring it to ensure the mixture does not stick to the pan.
- Add half a cup of protein powder and continue stirring the mixture till it begins to thicken.
- Now, with constant stirring, ensure there are no lumps. And, then add the rest of the protein powder.
- After cooking the mixture for around 5 minutes, it will get thick. Now, you can add vanilla essence along with cardamom powder. Mix everything well.
- Let this mixture cool down to make balls. You need to grease your palms with ghee or butter to make even small balls of the mixture while pressing it lightly in the middle. You can make the desired amount of small or medium-sized balls according to your choice.
- Add whole or sliced almonds on the top of each ball and keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. You may even keep them in the freezer to stay good for up to three months. Or defrost them overnight in a fridge.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Try these pleasant Indian-style protein balls that are best to enjoy as your post-workout snack. The best part is that these are easy to make at home.
If you have a thing for Indian sweets, you also need to check out my Keto Sugar-Free Kalakand recipe. It is another easy-to-make sweet dish from my recipe book.
However, don’t forget to share your views on Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas in the comment section below. And, to stay updated on my Ketogenic lifestyle and learn more Keto recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.