Dessert makes me go weak in the knees. It’s a warm blanket on a cold winter evening and without a doubt, Indian desserts top me and my girls’ list when we crave a sweet treat. Ricotta Cheese Pedas are one of our favorites. However, when you are on a strict diet you cannot have them. But there is no need to refrain from having your favorite pedas anymore. Today, I am going to share with you a healthy recipe to make Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas.
These melt-in-mouth Keto pedas are also light on the stomach and quite crunchy. Everyone in your house – whether or not they are on a diet – is going to love these malai pedas. Moreover, it is the easy to make and takes just about 25 minutes to put together.
To make this sweet dish, you need only a few ingredients. Here is a quick Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas recipe for you to try whenever you feel cravings for something sweet.
Total Time – 25 Minutes
Serves – 20- 25 Pedas
400 grams of Ricotta Cheese or freshly made homemade Paneer
50 grams of Unsalted Butter
Ghee or Butter for greasing
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
160 grams of Whey Protein Powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp Sugar-Free Vanilla Extract
110 grams of Powdered Erythritol or any other low-carb sweetener
Whole or sliced almonds for topping
1. Melt butter in a pan and ignite a medium flame on a gas stove.
2. Blend the ricotta cheese with the butter. Keep mixing them until the cheese also melts.
3. Add the sweetener of your choice and keep on stirring it to ensure the mixture does not stick to the pan.
4. Add half a cup of protein powder and continue stirring the mixture till it begins to thicken.
5. Now with constant stirring, ensure there are no lumps. And, then add the rest of the protein powder.
6. After cooking the mixture for around 5 minutes, it will get thick. Now, you can add vanilla essence along with cardamom powder. Mix everything well.
7. Let this mixture cool down to make balls. You need to grease your palms with ghee or butter to make even small balls of the mixture while pressing it lightly in the middle. You can make the desired amount of small or medium-sized balls according to your choice.
8. Add whole or sliced almonds on the top of each ball and keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. You may even keep them in the freezer to stay good for up to three months. Or defrost them overnight in a fridge.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Protein – 8.6g
Try these pleasant Indian-style protein balls that are best to enjoy as your post-workout snack. The best part is that these are easy to make at home.
If you have a thing for Indian sweets, you also need to check out my Keto Sugar-Free Kalakand recipe. It is another easy-to-make sweet dish from my recipe book. However, don’t forget to share your views on Keto Ricotta Cheese Pedas in the comment section below. And, to stay updated on my Ketogenic lifestyle and learn more Keto recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.