It’s no secret that with Keto recipes, Keto Desserts are my absolute favourite. I have always had a sweet tooth since I was a little kid. Even before getting into the Keto Diet, you could have seen me always whipping up something sweet in the kitchen. My love for desserts is eternal and that’s the one reason I literally delved into preparing these amazing Keto dessert recipes that will make you forget you’re on a Keto diet. Must Try! Also, today I have got you a sugar free Keto version of a famous Indian Methai – Kalakand, which I prepared last weekend, and it surprisingly turned out as good as authentic Kalakand.
My Keto Sugar Free Kalakand tastes soft, creamy and milky, and is flavoured with rose water and cardamom. I topped it with slivered pistachios and dried rose petals and tried my best to provide it all the rich beloved flavours. I did a few trials with the recipe before with different sugar-free sweeteners, but finally I have a recipe that I am satisfied with, and can share with you all to try. I bet it will soon become your favourite festive dessert. Let’s get into the making process which only takes less than half hour.
Serves – 9 Pieces
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
225 grams ricotta cheese, whole milk
3-4 tablespoon powdered erythritol (You can adjust the taste according to your preference)
2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
1 tablespoon ghee
3 tablespoon slivered pistachios or almonds
1 teaspoon rose water
1 tablespoon dried rose petals
1. Take a wide heavy-bottom frying pan and add ricotta cheese, erythritol, rose water and heavy cream. Mix them all very well.
2. Now turn the heat on medium and cook the mix for 10-12 minutes, until it reduces in half. Stir continuously.
3. When the mix turns fudgy and stops sticking to the pan, add in ghee and ground cardamom and turn off the heat.
4. Take a loaf pan or tray and grease that with ghee. For ease of removing Kalakand, you can also line the pan with parchment paper and then apply a little ghee on that. Pour in the Kalakand mix in the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
5. Top the Kalakand with slivered pistachios or almonds and dried rose petals and press them gently with the help of a spatula so they stick to the Kalakand. Let the Kalakand rest in a cool dark place for 2 -3 hours, or until it sets properly. You can even store the Kalakand in your fridge to set a little early.
6. When the Kalakand is set, cut it in squares using a sharp clean knife. Make sure you clean the knife before making the next cut.
7. You are ready to relish it. Enjoy!
Keto Sugar Free Kalakand is a perfect Indian Sweet to prep up on weekends and snack on throughout the week. It can be your perfect Sunday binge on whenever your sweet tooth calls. Do let me know how you liked my Keto Kalakand in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories – 88kcal
Carbohydrates – 2 grams
Protein – 4grams
Fat – 8grams
Fiber – 1grams
Sugar – 1 gram