Last updated on July 11, 2023
When I started my fitness journey and adopted a low-carb diet, I realized that my options for enjoying my favorite dishes were quite limited. However, I was determined to find ways to recreate some of my comfort foods, including the classic grilled cheese sandwich.
By making a few changes to the traditional recipe, I successfully created a vegetarian and keto-friendly version of the grilled cheese sandwich.
Now, whenever I crave comfort food, this easy-to-make keto grilled cheese sandwich is my go-to choice. Instead of using regular bread, I prepare a homemade bun in a square bowl or dish. Just follow the step-by-step recipe provided for a guaranteed culinary success.
I truly hope that you and your family enjoy this delicious grilled cheese creation as much as I do. I highly recommend giving the homemade bun a try if you haven’t done so before. It’s so incredibly tasty that you might not want to share it. If you have kids or other sandwich lovers at home, I suggest preparing extra to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
To make your meal even more satisfying, I recommend pairing this grilled cheese sandwich with my refreshing Strawberry Avocado Keto Smoothie recipe. The combination is absolutely delightful and will surely leave you satisfied.
Now, without further ado, let’s dive into the process of creating this mouthwatering keto grilled cheese sandwich.
Equipment you need
- Square container or bowl
- Mixing bowl
- Blender Microwave
Ingredients for bun
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Psyllium Husk Powder
- 2 tablespoons Soft Butter
Fillings & Extras:
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 2 ounces of Cheddar Cheese
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter in a mug and let it stay until it reaches room temperature. When the butter is soft, add 2 tablespoons of almond flour, 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Psyllium husk to it.
- Now mix all these ingredients well to form a thick dough.
- Now, add 2 large eggs to the dough and continue mixing it. You need your dough quite thick. If the dough is not thick enough, keep mixing it until it thickens up.
- Once the dough is ready, pour it into a square container or bowl. After that, level it off and also clean off the sides while leveling it.
- Microwave the leveled dough for around 90–100 seconds. You also need to keep checking it to ensure it’s cooked evenly.
- Take out the baked dough by flipping the container or bowl upside down and gently tapping its bottom. Cut the bun in half using a bread knife.
- Measure the amount of cheese you can have in a day and then put it between the buns.
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter and heat it in a pan on medium flame. When hot, add the bun to the heated pan and let it cook in the butter. It must absorb the butter while getting crispy from the outside.
- Serve it with some side salad and enjoy your gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
|Net Carbs||6.14 gram|
In case, you don’t want to have it with any heavy shake or smoothie, you can try my Keto Frozen Mint Lemonade. It is a refreshing beverage full of various minerals and vitamins. It’s also great for quenching thirst during hot summer days.
Do share your views after trying this Keto grilled cheese sandwich. You may even follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on my Ketogenic lifestyle and knowing more interesting Ketogenic recipes.