When I started my journey to fitness followed by a low-carb diet, I had very limited options to enjoy my favorite dishes. Therefore, I started looking for new ways to prepare some of my comfort food, including a grilled cheese sandwich. I made a few changes to the regular cheese sandwich recipe and came up with a healthy keto grilled cheese sandwich.
Now, whenever I crave comfort food, this easy-to-make keto grilled cheese sandwich is at the top of my list. For this sandwich, I prepare a bun at home in a square bowl or dish. Just follow the given recipe step-by-step for attaining culinary success.
I hope that you and your family like this tasty grilled cheese creation. I suggest that if you have never made this bun before, do give it a try. It’s so yummy that you’d never want to share it. So, prepare extra if you have kids or other sandwich lovers at home.
To make your meal more filling, you can have this grilled cheese sandwich with my Strawberry Avocado Keto Smoothie recipe. You’re going to love this combination.
Now, let’s jump into the making of this mouthwatering Keto grilled cheese sandwich.
Square container or bowl
2 tablespoons of Almond Flour
2 large Eggs
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
1 ½ tablespoons Psyllium Husk Powder
2 tablespoons Soft Butter
Fillings & Extras:
1 tablespoons Butter
2 ounces of Cheddar Cheese
1. Take 2 tablespoons of butter in a mug and let it stay until it reaches room temperature. When the butter is soft, add 2 tablespoons of almond flour, 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Psyllium husk in it.
2. Now mix all these ingredients well to form a thick dough.
3. Now, add 2 large eggs to the dough and continue mixing it. You need your dough quite thick. If the dough is not thick enough, keep mixing it until it thickens up.
4. Once the dough is ready, pour it into a square container or bowl. After that, level it off and also clean off the sides while leveling it.
5. Microwave the leveled dough for around 90-100 seconds. You also need to keep checking it to ensure it’s cooked evenly.
6. Take out the baked dough by flipping the container or bowl upside down and gently tapping its bottom. Cut the bun in half using a bread knife.
7. Measure the amount of cheese you can have in a day and then put it between the buns.
8. Take 1 tablespoon of butter and heat it in a pan on medium flame. When hot, add the bun to the heated pan and let it cook in butter. It must absorb the butter while getting crispy from the outside.
9. Serve it with some side salad and enjoy your gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Calories – 803
Protein – 25.84g
Net Carbs – 6.14g
In case, you don’t want to have it with any heavy shake or smoothie, you can try my Keto Frozen Mint Lemonade. It is a refreshing beverage full of various minerals and vitamins. It’s also great for quenching thirst during hot summer days.
Do share your views after trying this Keto grilled cheese sandwich. You may even follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on my Ketogenic lifestyle and knowing more interesting Ketogenic recipes.