Last updated on July 19, 2023
Everyone loves homemade comfort food, and sometimes a fried non-vegetarian dish just hits the spot like these Keto Chicken Tikka, Crispy Keto Grilled Chicken, and Keto Tandoori Fish Tikka. If you are like me, you also get crispy chicken cravings, then today’s recipe is solely for you.
Try my Keto version of Ginger Lime Spatchcock Chicken, a Classic and delicious roasted Keto chicken recipe that will shine on your dinner table fresh from the oven.
Roasted deep golden in lime, ginger, and aromatic herbs, this butter-roasted chicken is packed with unbelievable flavors, crispy outside, and juicy inside!
Spatchcocking (a.k.a. butterflying) poultry involves removing the backbone and flattening a whole bird. It’s a useful cooking technique because the flatter poultry leads to more even cooking between the white and dark meat — Washington Post.
It is the perfect crispy whole roasted chicken with the most succulent and tender meat to enjoy with your family as a Sunday roast.
There is so much of it in this Keto Chicken Recipe that beats any restaurant chicken. Let’s get into the making process.
Keto Ginger Lime Spatchcock Chicken
- 1400 grams Chicken (Skinned )
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic Gloves, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos or Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley or Coriander
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Wash chicken thoroughly then remove chicken inside parts and pat dry the chicken using a cloth to remove the excess of water.
- Place the chicken on the oven plate with chicken breast side down with the legs towards you. Cut out the backbone using a scissor. Open the chicken, turn it over and flatten over the plate with the palm of your hands.
- Take a bowl and mix the olive oil, ginger, garlic, parsley, lime juice, coconut aminos or sauce, and a good pinch of salt and pepper in that. Reserve a little fresh parsley to sprinkle on top for garnishing the chicken at the time of serving.
- Stuff the chicken inside with the marinade. Also, cover the outer skin of the chicken with it. The more you put the marinade inside the better the chicken will taste.
- Now put the prepared chicken in the oven to roast for approximately 45 minutes until the skin is crisp on the top, and the meat is cooked through.
- If you want drain the juices. I keep them and use them as the base of the gravy or drizzle on top before serving to enable the vegetables to crisp up a bit more. Your cooking time can vary depending on the size of the chicken you got.
- Once cooked golden brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lime juice. Serve and enjoy with your family.
Do let me know how you liked my Keto ginger lime spatchcock chicken in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on a variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!