My weekends are usually experimental. I make sure I prepare at least one new recipe every weekend from a long list of Keto-friendly recipes I want to try. This time I have got you a fish recipe, which is finger-licking good, zesty, and bursts with flavours. Try my Keto Tandoori Fish Tikka. I invested a good time preparing it. It is flavorful, smoky and a perfect appetizer for any meal.
While Tandoori fish tikka is traditionally prepared in a tandoor or on a grill, I prepared this easy Keto version in my kitchen with the ingredients I already had in my kitchenette. It’s effortless to prepare and can be made by amateurs too. I first marinated the fish in classic Indian spices and crisped it to perfection in the oven. It is perfectly cooked outside with the inside soft, juicy, and succulent.
You can enjoy my Keto Tandoori fish Tikka with a side of Keto Avocado Garlic Chutney. This sophisticated recipe will surely bring pleasure to you, your family and guests. Here are step by step instructions for making this easy Keto Friendly Fish Tikka. Don’t worry if you don’t own an oven I am listing down it’s stove version too.
Keto Tandoori Fish Tikka
- baking tray
- 500 gm Fish Mahi-Mahi/Sole/Swordfish/Salmon, cut in 1.5 inch pieces
- 130 grams Bell Pepper, without seeds and cut in 1-1.5 inch pieces (same size as fish)
- 1 Medium sized Onion cut in 1 inch chunks, remove the onion layers
- 2 tbsp light Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Plain Yogurt or 3 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger crushed or grated fine, about ½ inch ginger
- 2 tsp Garlic crushed or grated fine, about 3 cloves
- 1 tsp Lime juice (fresh is better)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Turmeric
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- 2 tsp Dry Kasoori Methi
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Take a mixing bowl and nicely mix the yoghurt, oil, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and all the spices.
- After that add the pieces of fish, capsicum, and onion to the marinade and toss well till everything gets coated.
Cooking Tikka on Stove
- Take a thick heavy iron skillet and heat that in high flame adding 2 teaspoons of oil for at least 1 minute.
- Remove the excess marination from the fish. Slow the flame to low and place the fish pieces and cut bell peppers and onion carefully on Tawa.
- Roast them for 2 minutes and then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- You can remove the bell peppers and onion after they turn slightly crispy.
- Cook the for 6 – 7 minutes till crisp golden by flipping at some interval.
- Serve the Keto Tandoori fish tikka with a sprinkle of lemon juice or chaat masala and serve with chutney.
Cooking Tikka on Oven
- Line the baking tray with parchment or foil sheet and apply oil all over it evenly.
- Turn on the oven broiler. Place the marinated fish, onions, and peppers on foil or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the top rack of your oven and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the fish cooks through and turns opaque.
- Severe hot with chutney
- Sprinkle Chaat Masala or lemon juice over it to add sourish flavors, enjoy!
I Love when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. Feel free to add your views about the recipe in the comment section below. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #KetoforIndia on Instagram. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle.