Last updated on October 12, 2023
Now that Navratras are over, and we can enjoy meats and eggs again, I have a fantastic and easy Chicken Tikka recipe to share with you. This recipe is perfect for beginners in the kitchen or those who are new to the Keto lifestyle. The preparation is simple, and the cooking process is even simpler.
All you need is an electric tandoor, a grill, or even a microwave with a convection and grill option will work just fine. And if you don’t have any of these, a heavy-bottomed pan will do the trick.
The Chicken Tikka turns out incredibly tender, bursting with flavors, and can be enjoyed any time of the day. It’s also a great option to pack for work or enjoy as a quick snack. You can savor the tikka on its own or pair it with a refreshing mint chutney for an extra kick.
Making Chicken Tikka
Keto Chicken Tikka
- Grill plate.
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 125 gm Greek Yogurt
- 100 gm Full Fat Cream
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- ½ tsp Red Chilly powder Optional and according to taste
- 20 gm Garam Masala
- Fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies Optional
- 5 Ghee for basting
- Chaat Masala Optional
- A few drops of red food colour optional
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry.
- Marinate the chicken in the 1st marinade for atleast half an hour.
- In another bowl mix the hung curd or greek yogurt, cream, ginger and garlic paste, black salt, garam masala, red chilly powder and normal salt.
- Now add the chicken to the 2nd marinade, mix well with your hands. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for four to six hours.
- When you are ready to eat pre-heat your oven or grill or tandoor.
- Place the chicken pieces on a skewer or grill plate.
- Baste them with melted ghee and grill for 20 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius or for 12 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius.
- Turn the chicken once atleast and baste it with ghee one more time.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on it and serve hot.
- Cals -568
- Net Carbs – 6 gm
- Proteins – 58 gm
- Fats – 13 gm
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Roasted Lamb