Last updated on June 27, 2023
If you’re in the mood for a healthy and delicious brunch, I have a French toast recipe for you. These delightful toasts are not only satisfying but also compatible with your ketogenic lifestyle. Indulge in the rich flavors of butter and cinnamon while staying on track with your health goals.
The French did not invent French toast. Rather, it was Americans who gave the name “French Toast” to this dish because French immigrants in America popularized the dishe. In fact, French toast was invented long before France even existed. The first known recorded recipe for French toast comes from Rome around 300 A.D — West Texas A&M University.
To prepare these mouthwatering Keto version of French Toasts, you’ll need two sets of ingredients. The first is for making the mug bread, which serves as the base for the toasts. The second set of ingredients is for creating the batter that adds a delightful coating to the bread.
How to Prepare French Toast?
Keto French Toast
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- A pinch of salt
- Take a mug or glass dish and grease it with butter.
- Use a fork or spoon to mix all the dry ingredients in the vessel and then add an egg to it and stir the creamy mixture. Ensure the blend runs smooth and there are no lumps formed.
- Microwave the mixture on a high heat setting for about 2 minutes. Check the bread from the middle, and microwave again for some 15 to 30 seconds more if needs be.
- Turn off the heat and then let the bread cool in a plate. Slice it in two halves.
- Add eggs, cream, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt in a bowl or deep plate and whisk together thoroughly.
- Pour the mix on top of the bread slices and let them get completely soaked.
- Place a pan on top of the heat and fry them with butter.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Carbs – 4 g
- Fats – 37 g
- Fiber – 4 g
- Protein – 15 g
Also Read: Priya’s Keto No-Bake Vegetarian Cookies
Feel free to get creative and add your own twist to the recipe, and don’t forget to share your experiences with us in the comments section below.