My mother is very good at making cakes, pies and biscuits. Unfortunately, I did not pick up this gene from her. Every time I have baked a cake it has either been raw in the middle, or hard on the outside, or simply not like her’s. I gave up baking after many attempts. But they say necessity is the mother of all inventions. I decided to give it one last shot and try making a Keto cake. How tough can it be ? I made Keto Bread a fortnight ago! I admit I did a lot of research and was tempted to choose an easy recipe of a mug cake instead. Instead, I have for you today a Keto Chocolate Cake which has a yummy cream filling in the middle. So here it goes !!
Keto Chocolate Cake Making Procedure
1. Collect the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the Almond Flour, Psyllium Husk, Cocoa Powder, sweetener and baking powder
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and add to the dry ingredients. Start mixing with a spatula or a spoon. You can also use a hand blender for this.
3. Now add the eggs and keep blending till the eggs mix well into the batter.
4. Add the Amul whipping cream and keep mixing.
5. Oil the tin you want to bake the cake in and keep it ready.
6. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes. Check and bake some more if required.
7. While the cake is cooling start the work on the cream cheese filling.
8. In a blender add the Greek Yogurt and the Verka Paneer. And blend for three to five minutes.
9. Add the sweetener and blend some more.
10. Now add the Vanilla Essence and blend for another minuter or so.
11. Finally add the Amul Whipping cream and blend some more.
12. By now the cake has cooled off. Cut it into equal strips in the size that you want.
13. Spread the cream cheese filling on a piece and close the sandwich with the other piece.
14. You can either eat it right away or cool them in the refrigerator for an hour or so, till the cream sets.
Tip: The cream cheese filling is a great add on, to increase the fat content of the cake. You can also just make the cake and enjoy it with your BPC in the mornings, or whenever you want to treat yourself. You might want to replace the Amul Butter with a non-salty butter, if you don’t like a hint of salt in your cake.