Keto Chicken Stew
I am tired of boiled chicken, chicken curry and tandoori chicken. So I tried a new chicken recipe called Keto Chicken Stew. It tastes simply awesome and has chunks of chicken breast, in a gravy made from coconut milk. The recipe tickles your senses with the faint aroma of cloves, cardamom and curry leaves.
Keto Chicken Stew and Easy Spinach Salad
- Pressure cooker/Pan
- 250 gm Chicken Preferably Breast Pieces
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves Dried or Fresh
- ¾ Cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Chopped Onion Optional
- 1 Small Pod of Garlic Chopped Chopped
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cardamoms Black/Green
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Small Stick of Cinnamon Optional
- 1 1 Ginger Chopped
- 2 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken, cut it into small pieces and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Add both the salts white and pink and half a liter of water. After one whistle, lower the heat for 10 mins and switch the heat off.
- If you don’t have a cooker, then let it boil with vinegar and water in a covered pan for ten to twelve minutes, on low heat.
- In a wok or pan add half the coconut oil. if you don’t like the smell use olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- If you don’t like heat skip the chillies.
- Saute all till they turn pinkish.
- Pound the cardamoms, cloves. Add them to the onions.
- Drop the cinnamon stick.
- Add the chicken along with the stock to the onions.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Cook till the chicken gets tender.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Calories – 471.6
- Fat – 20.2 g
- Net Carbs – 5 g
- Protein – 48.8 g
Keto Spinach Salad
A lot of my Keto friends are eating spinach. Some of these boys never ate spinach as a kid. But now have to eat a small portion daily, in order to add the right amount of fiber to their diet. Spinach I agree is not one of the easy vegetables to eat. But it is high on iron and fiber. I have for you today a recipe for spinach salad. It can be made by vegetarians, eggetarians and you can also add your choice of meats to it. I have tried this salad with chicken sausage, mutton seekh kebabs, mushrooms and also with half boiled eggs. It tastes pretty decent in every version. Just remember not to overcook the spinach. I am today making it with paneer/cottage cheese. This salad can be had in breakfast, in order to kickstart your day to a great start.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and lower the heat.
- Fry the cubes of paneer or cottage cheese till golden. Remove from the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the oil.
- Cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and keep the heat lowered.
- Add the washed spinach and just toss it for a few minutes.
- Add the pepper, salt and freshly grated nutmeg powder.
- Switch off the heat.
- On your favorite plate place the spinach.
- Drop the fried paneer on it.
- Add the grated cheese cube.
- Eat it hot.
- Calories – 276
- Fat – 21.6 g
- Net Carbs – 5.7 g
- Protein – 13.2 g
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Paneer Kebabs | Crispy and Creamy
Tip: If you want to drop more carbs from this recipe then leave out the onions.
One thought on “Keto Chicken Stew and Easy Spinach Salad”
What a sumptuous recipie of chicken stew.The calorie breakup makes it more appealing. Thanks for sharing. I am definitely trying.