Last updated on August 22, 2023
Spinach, or palak, has never been on my list of favorites in Childhood. But now the superfood is truly a Hero for me. This one of the most Keto-friendly vegetables with minimum net carbs keeps you filled with iron, vitamins, magnesium, and manganese. It’s super versatile too – you can eat it in salads, soups, smoothies, purees, or simply sautée it and have it as a side dish.
Today, I am so pleased to be sharing a yummy way to sneak in this superfood in your diet. Try my Indian Keto Creamed Spinach. It has long been one of my favorite comfort foods, tastes rich, creamy irresistible with the goodness of spinach. This delectable dish can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. It is really easy and quick!
It’s a perfect meal for lavish dinner parties or sudden get together plans at home. I prefer to eat it with butter garlic naan. You can also pair it with Keto almond roti for a complete meal. Let’s get into the recipe.
Indian Keto Creamed Spinach
- Large pot
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Ginger grated
- 1-2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato finely chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt adjust to taste
- 800 grams Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup full-fat Coconut Milk Or Heavy Cream
- Juice of Half Lime
- Blanch the spinach for 1-2 minutes in a large pot until it gets soft. Drain the water and save the spinach in a bowl. Make sure to squeeze out all the extra water from the spinach.
- Now, chop the blanched spinach. You can also leave it as it is if you want or run it in a blender to get a smooth texture.
- Take a pan or Kadhai and heat oil in that then add cumin seeds to sizzle. After that add onions, minced ginger, and garlic, green chili, and fry until onions turn light brown.
- Next, add in diced tomato, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, and cook for 1-2 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked and mushy.
- After that add the blanched spinach and full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream. Cook the mix on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. The curry will thicken up as it cooks.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice as per your taste and serve the dish hot with Keto naan or Keto rice.
Also, try my Keto Palak Paneer if you’re left with spare Palak after making this recipe. Do let me know how you liked my Indian Keto Creamed Spinach in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!