Last updated on August 22, 2023
I miss those days when a big bowl of rice with tadka dahi was enough to keep me filled and happy for the day.
If you’re on a Keto diet, you know that rice is off the table. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious and satisfying bowl of rice-like goodness. This Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice is a great substitute for traditional south Indian rice curd recipes, and it’s packed with flavor.
This recipe is easy to make, and it’s a great way to get your daily dose of cauliflower. It’s also a versatile dish that you can serve with a variety of different Indian dishes — from chicken to lamb to fish.
Also Try: Keto Cauliflower Upma Recipes.
I have made it with cauliflower rice, greek yogurt (or hung curd), and tempered it with ginger and other Indian spices.
So next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying Keto-friendly meal, give this Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice a try.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice
- ¾ cup full-fat Greek Yogurt (Hung Curd)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ghee (Clarified Butter) (Or Coconut Oil)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Peanuts, optional
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Red Chilies
- 1 stalk Curry Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Grated
- A pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- First, you will have to prepare the cauliflower to cook. Wash cauliflower thoroughly and pat dry completely. Remove the outer leaves and break the cauliflower into uniform small-sized pieces, to include soft stems.
- Now take a mixer grinder and grind the cauliflower 10–15 times until it is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
- Once the rice is prepared, take a pan, add the cauliflower rice and salt onto it, and sauté at least for 2–3 minutes till the rice is cooked well and tender.
Instructions For Tempering
- Take another pan and heat Ghee or Coconut oil into that. Once the oil is hot, add in raw peanuts and saute them until they are nicely roasted.
- After that, add the mustard seeds and dry red chilies, and let them splutter. Now, add the chopped ginger, curry leaves, and hing (Asafoetida) in the same pan and sauté them for a few seconds.
- Tempering is ready, keep it aside.
- Now, take the cooled-down cauliflower rice bowl and add greek yogurt, and salt (if required) to it, and mix everything well.
- Also, transfer the tempering/tadka into the bowl of cauliflower curd rice and add coriander leaves, cream (optional), and mix everything well.
- Serve Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice Chilled and enjoy!
Must try this amazing recipe and feel free to share your opinion about it in the comment box below. Also, try my Keto Cauliflower Tikka Masala which is also packed with aromatic Indian condiments and spices that lend a wonderful texture and flavor to the recipe.
Curd rice, also called yogurt rice, is a dish originating from India. The word “curd” in Indian English refers to unsweetened probiotic yogurt. It is most popular in the South Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh; and also in the West Indian states of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. In the state of Rajasthan it is known as Auliya, in Gujarat it is known as Ghens and in Maharashtra it is known as dahi bhat. In the state of Tamil Nadu it is called thayir saadam or soru, in Kerala it is called tayire chōre and in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh it is called perugannam/daddojanam. In Karnataka, it is called mosaranna — Wikipedia.