Being on Keto Diet we all miss rice, right? Sometimes, a big bowl of rice with tadka dahi is all enough to keep you filled and happy for the day. Rice is not allowed in Keto but somehow I have managed to get you a recipe that is an excellent substitute of Dahi Bhaat, a very popular dish in the Southern Indian states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana. My Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice will soon become your go-to side dish in Keto Diet. From chicken to lamb to fish, this rice pairs well with any Indian Keto Recipe.
Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice is an easy and healthy South Indian recipe made with cauliflower rice, greek yogurt (or hung curd), and tempered with ginger and other Indian spices. It’s the dish everyone can agree on and it’s fuss-free. So let’s get into the easy recipe.
Serves – 2
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
1 cup Cauliflower Rice
¾ cup full-fat Greek Yogurt (Hung Curd)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
1 teaspoon Ghee (Clarified Butter) (Or Coconut Oil)
1 Tablespoon Raw Peanuts, optional
1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
2-3 Red Chilies
1 stalk Curry Leaves
1 teaspoon Ginger Grated
A pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
1. First, you will have to prepare the cauliflower to cook. Wash cauliflower thoroughly and pat dry completely. Remove the outer leaves and break the cauliflower into uniform small-sized pieces, include soft stems.
2. Now take a mixer grinder and grind the cauliflower 10-15 times until it is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
3. Once the rice is prepared, take a pan, add the cauliflower rice and salt onto it, and saute at least for 2-3 minutes till the rice is cooked well and tender.
4. Take another pan and heat Ghee or Coconut oil into that. Once the oil is hot, add in raw peanuts and saute them until they are nicely roasted.
5. After that, add the mustard seeds and dry red chilies, and let them splutter. Now, add the chopped ginger, curry leaves, and hing (asafetida) in the same pan and saute them for a few seconds.
6. Tempering is ready, Keep it aside.
7. Now, take the cooled-down cauliflower rice bowl and add greek yogurt, and salt (if required) to it, and mix everything well.
8. Also, transfer the tempering/tadka into the bowl of cauliflower curd rice and add coriander leaves, cream (optional), and mix everything well.
9. Serve Keto Cauliflower Curd Rice Chilled and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Must try this amazing recipe and feel free to share your opinion about it in the comment box below. Also, try my Keto Cauliflower Tikka Masala which is also packed with aromatic Indian condiments and spices that lend a wonderful texture and flavor to the recipe.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on a variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!