Cauliflower is one versatile vegetable and a go-to ingredient for various vegetarian Keto recipes. Cauliflower is naturally low in carb, fits absolutely well in Ketogenic lifestyle. You can make many lighter and healthier Keto-friendly dishes with Cauliflower. I recently worked on Keto Cauliflower Upma, which is easy to prepare and a great option for breakfast and can even be considered as a complete meal or lunch.
It is so good that your non-Keto family members will also ask you to make it quite often. It requires just a few minutes of prep work and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. Check the recipe.
Keto Cauliflower Upma Recipe
- Frying pan or cooking pot
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter or Oil
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Peanuts optional
- 1 Green chili chopped, adjust to taste
- 1/4 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Tomato, chopped
- 1.5 cup Cauliflower, riced
- Salt to taste
- Few pinches of black pepper to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Take a frying pan or cooking pot and put that on a stove on medium heat.
- Add ghee into the pan, once the ghee is hot, add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, curry leaves, and peanuts one by one.
- Fry the mix till the peanuts turn golden brown.
- Now, add onion, green chili and fry them till they look translucent.
- After this, add tomatoes into the pan and cook them till they turn soft and mushy.
- Now add diced cauliflower and salt according to your taste. Mix well.
- Cook the cauliflower with the lid on or just on full flame. I cooked it with the lid on as it’s quicker.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked as you like it, add pepper, lime juice, and salt if required. Mix with a soft hand and garnish with Cilantro and Serve Hot.!
- Calories - 274
- Net Carbs - 9.2 gms
- Protein - 10.8 gms
- Fat - 21.6 gms
Keto Cauliflower Recipes
Here are more Keto cauliflower recipes, do check my Keto Cauliflower Cole Slaw, Keto Tandoori Cauliflower and Keto Cauliflower Tikki. These are quick, easy and taste so delightful. Also, share your opinion about the Keto Cauliflower Upma in the comment section.