Chilli chicken can be made in many ways and with the most delightful recipes. Since Chinese food is a big no on Keto, I have for you today a traditional recipe for chilli chicken from down south.
Keto Andhra Style Chilli Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 kg Chicken Broiler
- 150 gm Greek Yogurt
- 5 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 30 gm Onion paste
- 15 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 30 gm Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Table salt
- ½ tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric or Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder Optional
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies Optional
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry.
- Mix the hung curd, the turmeric powder, hung curd , both the salts. Mix it with the chicken with your hands and ensure it is all over it.
- Grind the onion and apply to the chicken and let it rest for three to four hours.
- When you are ready to eat heat the ghee in a wok.
- Drop in the mustard seeds and let them splatter. Now drop the curry leaves and lower the heat.
- Next add the chicken and keep cooking on medium heat.
- In about ten minutes the chicken will leave some water and start looking tender.
- Grind the fresh cilantro or coriander with the green chillies and make a fine paste with water.
- Now add this paste to the chicken and keep cooking more for another five to ten minutes.
- When the water dries up, the chicken is ready to be served.
- You can have this chicken at anytime of the day and even carry it to work.
- Net Carbs – 2 gms
- Protein – 61 gms
- Fats – 17 gms