Last updated on June 28, 2023
When it comes to chili chicken, there are countless delightful recipes to choose from. However, on the Keto diet, traditional Chinese versions are off the table due to their high carb content. So, today, I have a recipe for you that originates from the southern region of India.
This traditional Andhra-style chili chicken will tantalize your taste buds without compromising your Keto lifestyle. It’s a flavorful and spicy dish that combines the best of Indian spices with succulent pieces of chicken.
The key is to use low-carb ingredients and a perfect blend of spices to create a dish that is both satisfying and Keto-friendly.
Keto Andhra Style Chilli Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 kg Chicken Broiler
- 150 gm Greek Yogurt
- 5 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 30 gm Onion paste
- 15 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 30 gm Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Table salt
- ½ tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric or Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder Optional
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies Optional
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry.
- Mix the hung curd, the turmeric powder, hung curd , both the salts. Mix it with the chicken with your hands and ensure it is all over it.
- Grind the onion and apply to the chicken and let it rest for three to four hours.
- When you are ready to eat heat the ghee in a wok.
- Drop in the mustard seeds and let them splatter. Now drop the curry leaves and lower the heat.
- Next add the chicken and keep cooking on medium heat.
- In about ten minutes the chicken will leave some water and start looking tender.
- Grind the fresh cilantro or coriander with the green chillies and make a fine paste with water.
- Now add this paste to the chicken and keep cooking more for another five to ten minutes.
- When the water dries up, the chicken is ready to be served.
- You can have this chicken at anytime of the day and even carry it to work.
- Net Carbs – 2 gms
- Protein – 61 gms
- Fats – 17 gms