In my Keto journey there are days, when I crave for textures that break the monotony of normal Keto food. So in my quest for treating myself to something new, I made Keto Almond and Coconut Bread. And before you start frowning and fretting with the usual reactions, let me clarify
No, it does not taste eggy.
Yes, it can be toasted.
Yes, it is easy to make.
There, now that I have calmed your nerves, I highly recommend this Keto Multigrain Bread, as it is very filling, it can be toasted like normal bread, and you can also cut it into decent slices. And more than anything, it is full of nutrition and fibre. Make it today and you can enjoy a buttered toast with your eggs, for a week or so.
Serves – 1 loaf with 20 decent-sized slices.
Keto Almond and Coconut Bread.
- 5 Medium Eggs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (1 tbsp for oiling the Baking Dish )
- ¾ Cup Full Fat Yogurt
- 100 gms Grounded Flax Seeds
- 30 gms Desiccated Coconut / Coconut Flour
- 200 gms Whole Almonds
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Stevia
- ¼ tsp Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp White Salt
- Measure out all the wet and dry ingredients and keep them ready.
- Start by breaking the eggs in a cup. Please ensure that you have a cup full of eggs.
- In the blender start by whisking the eggs.
- Next add the 2 tbsp Olive oil and keep blending.
- Add the yogurt next, followed by the apple cider vinegar.
- Start adding the dry ingredients.
- Start by adding the coconut flour. Followed by both the salts.
- Add the grounded flax seeds and keep blending.
- Now freshly grind the whole almonds, untill you get a fine flour.
- Add the almond flour to the batter and blend some more.
- Now add the stevia, followed by the baking powder and the baking soda.
- Do not skip the stevia as it gives the bread the perfect amount of sweetness.
- By now the batter will be nice and thick and will resemble a cake batter.
- Keep a baking dish ready, oiled with the reamining Olive oil.
- Pour the batter in the dish and even it out with a flat knife or with your hands.
- I baked my bread at 180 degrees Celcius, for forty five minutes.
- The bread will get a nice golden crust. Allow it to cool overnight, before you slice it in the morning.
- Cals – 135
- Net Carbs – 1 g
- Proteins – 5 g
- Fats – 11g
Also Read: Keto Naan Bread