Cauliflower is like that versatile talented actor, who is every director’s delight. Ketoites are hooked onto Cauliflower rice, wraps, pies, pita breads and so much more. But if you ask me, I like it just the way it is. The way my mom used to make it, and the way I have been having it since my childhood. Aloo Gobhi or cauliflower with potatoes is a staple dish of North India. But since we cannot have potatoes, we need to look for ways to make the humble cauliflower retain its star status. I have for you today Keto Tandoori Cauliflower or Cauliflower that is partly baked in the oven. It is covered with rich masala which seeps right in and makes the final dish lip-smacking. I know of an aunt who used to add honey to the masala, but I haven’t done that. The only thing you need to be careful of is not to overcook the florets or they will become a mash. Try this dish today and I am sure that you will love Cauliflower a little more.
Keto Tandoori Cauliflower Making Procedure
1. Wash the cauliflower. Now drop it in a vessel of boiling water, add salt and turmeric powder to it.
2. Let it boil for ten minutes, drain and let it cool.
3. In a pan add 5 tsp Ghee and add the chopped onions, and fry them till pink.
4. Add the ginger, garlic and the dry masalas and cook on medium heat.
5. After three to five minutes add the curd or yogurt and cook more till the oil separates.
6. Add the coriander, salt and switch off the heat. Allow this masala to cool down.
7. Now apply this masala to the Cauliflower properly with your hands. Insert it inside and between the florets too.
8. Whenever you are ready to eat, bake and grill these Cauliflowers in the oven at 250 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Pour the remaining 2 tsp Ghee over the Cauliflower. Bake till they get a nice golden crust on the outside.
9. The dish really does not need any accompaniment. You can slice pieces and have it just like that.