Sri Lanka is not only known for its pristine beaches, it is also famous for palatable curries and rice. You can’t ignore the distinctive taste and flavors of Sri Lankan food if you’re an epicure like me. Today, I am very excited to share with you my Keto Sri Lankan Fish Curry recipe which is quite similar to our South Indian cuisine, yet has its own creamy coconut flavors. This one recipe is my personal favorite seafood that I often prepare in the summers to savor with my whole family.
If you love tender fish meat wrapped in aromatic spices then this Keto Sri Lankan Fish Curry with rich fragrant curry sauce will definitely become your favorite feast. Check out the quick recipe.
Keto Sri Lankan Fish Curry
- 1 kg Any white Fish
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds, whole
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 inch Fresh turmeric root, grated or ½ tsp of ground turmeric powder
- ½ Red onion finely chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cup Full fat coconut cream
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 2 long green chiles, cut into small pieces, deseeded if you prefer a milder curry.
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, grated.
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Take a large saucepan and heat half of the coconut oil in that.
- After the oil gets hot add the mustard seed into the saucepan and stir until it starts to pop.
- Now add the chopped onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After it, add in the chilli, curry, cumin, and turmeric and cook for a good 5 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk, water, and salt and give the mixture a good boil on low flame for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the rest of the oil in a nonstick pan on the other stove and fry the fish in the coconut oil on sim for about 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure you fry the fish gently so it won’t break.
- Once the fish is fried as how you like it add it to the curry sauce and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Sprinkle cilantro on the dish and mix well.
- Serve hot.