Last updated on May 15, 2020
Hi, This is Fitness Radio Episode 5, and you are listening to Priya Dogra. So we are going to talk about your worst enemy today. The worst enemy of somebody who is trying to lose weight, somebody who is determined to do something about it, and this enemy will put you down every single day. We are talking about cravings for unhealthy foods, sugar, sugar-laden foods.
If you are a working woman, working whole day, come 4 or 5 o clock, and just want to have a piece of chocolate, those fries you made for your children or a bottle of coke; or you just want to have that Mithai that you bought for Diwali or other occasions. So what do you do then? That’s the worst problem that anyone can face because you are there but these carvings will be there at every corner.
Here are the things you can do to beat these cravings.
- Distract yourself from these cravings
- Drink water
- Have a cup of green tea whenever you are developing a craving
- Keep yourself occupied
- Add more protein to your diet
- Have sugar free chewing gum, or some anise or cardamom to let go your cravings
- Go for a walk
- Relax your mind, take a shower
- Read your favorite book
- Plan your meal a day before
- Do not skip food at any cost
- Don’t be an emotional eater
- Meditate for some time every day
- Sleep on time, give yourself sound sleep of 6-7 hours
- Don’t shop for food yourself
- Remember to eat sensibly
- Be positive
- Enjoy every day of your life
Rise above your cravings, and focus on your target. You need to get past them, in order to be successful. Stay motivated by distracting yourself, and by making healthy choices. You can do this!