Hi, this is Fitness Radio Episode 20, and you are back with Priya Dogra. So, these times of lockdown when are all adjusting to new normals. I’m reading books that help you find focus in life, help you feel much more at peace, and help you in making the best of the situation in hand because it is not much you can do what is happening outside your house. So, you might as well try and create a peaceful environment at home, so that everybody has pacified nerves and you don’t feel as if the world is going to end.
So, I’m reading the book which a lot of might have heard, and it’s called Zen- Art of Simple Living. So, Zen is all about changing your habits, ideas and it gives you hints for living a happy life. Happiness is a typical question because we all have different benchmarks for it. But for me I think if I’m at peace I’m more or less happy. If I’m not at peace, I’m not happy. The same might work for a lot of you, and this book gives you simple tips on how to be at peace, how to feel that life is good and this is not the end world, how to remove all your negative thoughts from your life.
Now, I’m going to share some tips with you which have been given in the book to energize yourself, because we are reading the news, figure and death rates, and recovery rates, and our energy levels are going for a toss. We might wake up every morning thinking that everything will be fine by the end of the day everything is going down.
- You should make time for emptiness
- Take out some time for yourself, shut out everything and just relax
- Shut down your devices for some time and have peace within yourself
- Start a habit of reaching everywhere 15 minutes earlier so that you don’t get anxiety of getting late
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier to your alarm time
- Do a little bit of stretching after waking up
- Enjoy your favorite cup of tea or coffee in the morning, and just relax
- Don’t rush for other works that are pending, make a mental note of what you want to do today
- Enjoy the morning air, it makes you feel alive
- When you come home; don’t throw your shoes all over the house, line them properly
- Do introspection, discard mental and physical baggage
- Give your unused clothes or shoes to someone who is needy
- Be kind, focus on good things in life
- Say thank you and sorry to people you have been wanted to say from a long time
- Sort out things, organize yourself and move on
- Organize your workplace and desk, don’t make it look untidy
- Give yourself a break, enjoy your favorite beverage at your favorite place
- Take a moment to thank god for your blessings and giving you people or family who loves you
- Talk to everyone in the family, don’t come to the dinner table with your phones on
- Have quality time with your family and friends
- Cherish your meal, you will feel much more relaxed
- When tensed, walk barefoot indoors or on grass
- Exhale your anger and then take a call
- Be kind to other people, they might be going through a rough phase
So guys, these are the points I had for you, all of them make sense to me. If you can remember them work on them, you will be a happy person.
Keep everybody happy at home, go out with them to make them feel special, and cared for. The world will become a much more happy place to live in.