Day 4 dawns tomorrow, and I am all ready with my plan. Before I come to that I must share with you that the Flax Seed raita which I had cooked for lunch today, was very refreshing and filling. It kept me going until the evening. By now I am pretty bored of eating Cottage Cheese twice a day, so I have a new and totally different Keto Diet Plan for Navratri 5. While I spent the evening cooking today, the dishes turned out to be so yum that I couldn’t wait to write and share them with you.
Keto Diet Plan for Navratri 4
Priya’s Keto Coconut and Cinnamon bowl of Chia
1. In your favorite breakfast cereal bowl, put two teaspoons of dry Chia seeds.
2. Now add half a cup of coconut milk and half a cup of water and mix well.
3. Next, add 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut and sweetener according to your taste.
4. Finally add six finely chopped almonds, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
5. Mix well and place the bowl in the refrigerator and forget about it till the morning.
6. This bowl of goodness has less than 4 g of carbs and is high on proteins.
7. Have it chilled and get your day off to a great start.
Priya’s Keto Butter Roasted Cauliflower
This was a surprise for me, as I have tried to add cauliflower to my diet so many times and always failed miserably. I couldn’t get used to the concept of Cauliflower rice or mash. But this simple butter baked and roasted cauliflower is very delicious and almost like comfort food for gloomy days. I took almost 200 gms of a head of cauliflower, and slit it from all sides with a knife. I ensured that the slits were halfway, just to ensure that the butter seeps in.
Then I slit the stem, in particular, to allow it to cook right through the middle. In the microwave, I melted 30 gms of butter, along with a teaspoon of mustard powder, salt, pepper, a teaspoon of oregano and half a teaspoon of garam masala powder. Once the butter melts mix all these ingredients well. If you don’t have the mustard powder you can always use mustard sauce. Now all you need to do is place the cauliflower on a baking dish and smear this butter on it thoroughly with a brush.
Set the oven at 180degrees Celsius and start baking the cauliflower for 30 minutes at least. At regular intervals open the microwave and keep brushing the cauliflower with the butter mix and turning its side. Once the cauliflower is cooked and turns a little golden from the outside, it is ready to be served.
Priya’s Keto Spicy Mushrooms, Nutty Flax Seeds and Almond Meal
1. Take a packet of mushrooms, about 200 gms and chop them up roughly.
2. In a wok or a heavy bottom, pan add 20 gms of butter, a small teaspoon of mustard seeds and five to ten curry leaves.
3. Next drop in the oil two dried red chilies and stir the tempering.
4. In this oil now add the chopped mushrooms and set the heat to medium.
5. Once the mushrooms start sweating add six chopped almonds and stir some more.
6. Next, add two tablespoons of flaxseed powder and salt to taste.
7. Add half a teaspoon of chilly powder and half a teaspoon of dried coriander powder.
8. If you like the flavor of garlic, then at this stage you can add half a tea spoon of garlic powder.
9. Cook some more and add a teaspoon of whole flax seeds for the crunch.
10. Switch off the heat and eat this spicy and nutritious meal in peace.